P0011 code on 2007 yukon 6.2l

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took mine to the mechanic. They did the vvt solenoid, magnet timing chain, oil pump, oil pick up tube, and the rear main there was a leak there and since they had the oil pan of and I have 190,000 preventive maintenance on some of the other parts replaced. They put it back together and a day later light came back on. Took it back and they had to replace the vvt solenoid again. It’s been two weeks and no light I hope it stays that way.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took mine to the mechanic. They did the vvt solenoid, magnet timing chain, oil pump, oil pick up tube, and the rear main there was a leak there and since they had the oil pan of and I have 190,000 preventive maintenance on some of the other parts replaced. They put it back together and a day later light came back on. Took it back and they had to replace the vvt solenoid again. It’s been two weeks and no light I hope it stays that way.
I recently have been looking at a few YouTube videos on P001x code fixes. Every one involved changing that solenoid bolt.

jeremiahm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cam phaser. Maybe. Just found out mine was the cause of my engine noise
@08grey what was your engine noise in this case? I have a low tapping sound from what seems to be the front of the engine. I am getting the P0011 and stabilitrak light. Also having rough idle at some stops with not pedal response initially. Today had a hard start as well, runs fine at speed. Thanks.

jeremiahm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adding a bit more of my experience. I have replaced cam and crank sensors and cam sensor wiring harness. Oil pump, pickup o-ring, front and rear main, egr, oil pressure sensor have all been done in the last 5k miles. pump, o-ring, etc were done only about 2k ago and the issues noted above started (stall at some stops, advancetrak/P0011 on and off. Last friday while at a stop it died and wouldn't restart, towed to mechanic because I thought it was VVT parts or fuel pump. Sat all weekend and Monday morning it started right up and ran all day for the mechanic, no codes, no issues. I picked it up, on my way home at a stop it died again. 5 minutes later it started again and I got home, thinking it could still be either the VVT or fuel pump. Started thinking, I believe my mechanic used conventional oil after the pump change. I changed the oil with Kirkland synthetic and added a bottle of Rev-X (used in the past with great success on Ford 6.0 diesels). Guess what, no issues for 3 days. That said, I am pretty sure it is the VVT actuator is gunked up, the Yukon has the feel that it was not pampered before I got it. The Rev-X claims to clean things up, and I had hard data for that being the case on my 6.0's so I hope it takes care of this issue until I can get parts and fix it correctly.

(not upselling Rev-x, but I am a believer. Just the synthetic oil could have done the trick as well)

I did buy a fuel pump and will install this weekend, truck is at 150k and I know in my NBS suburban's that when they liked to die!

Jhall37

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Adding a bit more of my experience. I have replaced cam and crank sensors and cam sensor wiring harness. Oil pump, pickup o-ring, front and rear main, egr, oil pressure sensor have all been done in the last 5k miles. pump, o-ring, etc were done only about 2k ago and the issues noted above started (stall at some stops, advancetrak/P0011 on and off. Last friday while at a stop it died and wouldn't restart, towed to mechanic because I thought it was VVT parts or fuel pump. Sat all weekend and Monday morning it started right up and ran all day for the mechanic, no codes, no issues. I picked it up, on my way home at a stop it died again. 5 minutes later it started again and I got home, thinking it could still be either the VVT or fuel pump. Started thinking, I believe my mechanic used conventional oil after the pump change. I changed the oil with Kirkland synthetic and added a bottle of Rev-X (used in the past with great success on Ford 6.0 diesels). Guess what, no issues for 3 days. That said, I am pretty sure it is the VVT actuator is gunked up, the Yukon has the feel that it was not pampered before I got it. The Rev-X claims to clean things up, and I had hard data for that being the case on my 6.0's so I hope it takes care of this issue until I can get parts and fix it correctly.

(not upselling Rev-x, but I am a believer. Just the synthetic oil could have done the trick as well)

I did buy a fuel pump and will install this weekend, truck is at 150k and I know in my NBS suburban's that when they liked to die!
Has your problem been fixed? I’m dealing with the same things and already did all the repairs you mentioned. Thanks

jeremiahm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for reviving this Jhall37! So the fuel pump cured the stalling, but the final culprit to cure the code was, at some point my cam position sensor harness was routed between the power steering lines (the hard section of the lines) and had chaffed and was shorting. Re-routed the lines and took care of the chafing, it was a brand new vehicle. Not sure what point in its life the harness was re-routed.

Check the harness from the Fusebox >> Top of motor by alternator >> down past steering pump >> behind crank pully (cam sensor) >> around to starter (crank sensor).

Jeremiah

Jhall37

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for reviving this Jhall37! So the fuel pump cured the stalling, but the final culprit to cure the code was, at some point my cam position sensor harness was routed between the power steering lines (the hard section of the lines) and had chaffed and was shorting. Re-routed the lines and took care of the chafing, it was a brand new vehicle. Not sure what point in its life the harness was re-routed.

Check the harness from the Fusebox >> Top of motor by alternator >> down past steering pump >> behind crank pully (cam sensor) >> around to starter (crank sensor).

Jeremiah
Thanks I will check that out. As of this morning the oil change seems to have helped but this is a nightmare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz