P0011 code on 2007 yukon 6.2l

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gotta do this also keep it updated please. If in can be any help let me know.

ddubdb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the p0011 try changing your engine oil first and make sure your new oil level is topped off. for your lean codes take a look at your mass air flow sensor..

OP
OP
tazjamin

tazjamin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the p0011 try changing your engine oil first and make sure your new oil level is topped off. for your lean codes take a look at your mass air flow sensor..

Been there done that and also switched cam sensor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent 1.5 hours trying to get to this damn bolt to remove the metal guard. (It's the silver one on the top behind the pulley) tried a open wrench but no room to reach from under or over. Tried a socket wrench but the socket was too too long and wouldn't clear the pulley!!![emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]
4b9c50d84e8ad78b104c08da54fc4fc4.jpg

I was able to remove the others.
1f382f06ad9a201d63436237198a7b3e.jpg

But unless you take off the one behind the main pulley the shield will not move far enough to remove the sensor! From the looks of things I need to remove the water pump just to get access. Has anyone else had this issue? Probably going to breakdown and have a local shop change it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tazjamin

tazjamin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe i went through the balancer to remove it, also one thing that happened to me was the sensor was so fragile from heat the it just crumbled on me and i ended up taking the timing cover off to pull it out thats when I learned that ls engines need some special tools that I didn't have at the time like a 3 jaw pulley for the harmonic balancer and to put it back on you need a special tool for ls engines which i bought one off of summit racing but at the time i had to make my own with auto zone rent a tool and some threaded rod from home depot and had to cut the threads on the rod from course to fin which didn't leave much thread left but it did work it was a mess when all i was trying to do was that sensor so beware it could take much longer than expected and like me once i went too far that was it i was in until it was finished which took two days and that was my only ride

OP
OP
tazjamin

tazjamin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just used a couple extensions and socket to fit through that hole

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I tried and tried but could not get the socket over the nut since the balancer was too close the the nut?

OP
OP
tazjamin

tazjamin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure exactly then i might have used a open end wrench to get it

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Broke down and took it in to a local shop a few blocks from my house. $100 out the door. Let's hope p0011 stays away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9