P0011 code on 2007 yukon 6.2l

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tazjamin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so i got this p0011 code again and I already replaced the cam sensor on it and it is back again the other codes i have are lean bank 1&2 which im guessing that might be vacuum leak but now since the p0011 code is back could this all be related and does anyone have any ideas as to where to start? It also has 200,000 miles and after I changed the cam sensor when going long distances about 75-80 mph the cam adjusts and the lifters start knocking i was about to buy new lifters and cam which would have changed all the gaskets that could have possibly be my vacuum leak but now with this code back on im going to wait to see what this possible could be thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
tazjamin

tazjamin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could this be my cam actuator solenoid going bad? Ive never messed with this new style of cam adjustments

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cam phaser. Maybe. Just found out mine was the cause of my engine noise

OP
OP
tazjamin

tazjamin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the cam phaser

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

I just ordered cam valve thinking that could be part of the problem

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

I know what the cam phaser is now i just never heard it called that yet as im still new into this vvt stuff lol but yes i was thinking of getting that also now since i found out the valve also acts as a bolt for the phaser im might as well replace them both. But im also trying to figure out where i can get a new solenoid for the cam as when i had to take the timing cover off to get the cam position sensor out i took the solenoid off and cleaned all the build up off of it so im wondering if that could be part of the issue also

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. The selenoid from what i have read so far is not reusable it has to be replaced every time you remove it. Something about the way it's torqued that locks it's position. It says you finger tighten it, then tighten to 45lbs then use a angle measure and turn it another 90 degrees. I have the replacement instructions somewhere. I had a thread months ago asking about the engine noise. If you can find it you can compare your noise to mine.

OP
OP
tazjamin

tazjamin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried searching for engine noise and looking through your replies but there are so many i cant find it

OP
OP
tazjamin

tazjamin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so this is what im thinking of doing, im going to replace the valve, actuator and magnet and while im there replace intake gaskets and the lifter oil filter since it has 200,000 on the engine i don't think i need to do the cam and lifters now but who knows after i do this all and im not sure about the oil pump and timing chain if im going to replace those i dont want to remove engine and dont know what all i can take off while still in

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same exact code popping up. Do you know the part number for the cam actuator solenoid "cam phaser"?. I just bought the cam sensor (haven't installed it yet).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy