Oil/fuel smell on startup 2013’ Escalade 6.2L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s been pretty chilly in the mornings here 20-30 degrees. This morning I remote started the truck and initially noticed a oil/fuel-ish smell coming from the exhaust. The smell tends to wear off, the truck runs and idles fine. I have noticed some slight rocker noise “ticking” at times but could also be a small exhaust leak coming from one of the 300 lap joints holding the exhaust together. I main run E85 in the truck and just drained the catch can which was about half full and smells exactly like whats coming from the exhaust… any ideas, should I be concerned?

2013 Escalade 130k miles
Mods list from earlier this year: 8 Delphi coils, performance ac delco plug wires/plugs, AFM delete cam swap to a TSP stage 1 VVT cam, new VVT cam gear, timing chain, tensioner, HV Melling oil pump, LS7 lifters, valve springs/seals/retainers, Speed engineering 1 7/8 SS headers w/ Y pipe cat delete, magnaflow 12909 muffler, oil catch can, CAI, blackbear tune

Attachments

• IMG_0118.jpeg
    IMG_0118.jpeg
    257.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts