P0011 code on 2007 yukon 6.2l

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention I does seem that the truck idles much smoother now!

OP
OP
tazjamin

tazjamin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think on mine the magnet is bad i just got the new one delivered today and it seems to move smoother but we will see when i get her all taken apart my only thing now is there anything else i should replace while im there i dont know if i can get the oil pump off there looks to be 2 bolts that could give me troubles and then the timing chain someone also said i should replace that while im there but if i cant get the pump off the no timing chain coming off and also i dont want to make this a huge project i would like to go in get it sone quick and be done but if i start doing oil pump and timing chain im going into new territory i havent been with this truck not only that but switching the actuator and valve bolt im already wondering what all is going to be involved with that if i can unbolt it and line everything back up and bolt it together or do i take it off and start fresh with the new parts and aline everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Forgot to mention I does seem that the truck idles much smoother now!

That is good to hear and probably a good sign of relief!!

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe i went through the balancer to remove it, also one thing that happened to me was the sensor was so fragile from heat the it just crumbled on me and i ended up taking the timing cover off to pull it out thats when I learned that ls engines need some special tools that I didn't have at the time like a 3 jaw pulley for the harmonic balancer and to put it back on you need a special tool for ls engines which i bought one off of summit racing but at the time i had to make my own with auto zone rent a tool and some threaded rod from home depot and had to cut the threads on the rod from course to fin which didn't leave much thread left but it did work it was a mess when all i was trying to do was that sensor so beware it could take much longer than expected and like me once i went too far that was it i was in until it was finished which took two days and that was my only ride

Looks like to change the phaser (actuator) you have to remove the balancer the. Pump then timing chain cover. Might as well change the pump while in there. The root cause of this issue seems to be that the selenoid of the phaser gets gunked up with old oil and doesn't allow the phaser to travel properly which breaks the rest down. I have to do my phaser because it's chattering I don't have any codes yet for sensors or anything just the noise but I have throughly looked up the process. The timing chain can stay if it's good not need to replaced parts that don't really fail.
Broke down and took it in to a local shop a few blocks from my house. $100 out the door. Let's hope p0011 stays away.

huntordietryin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a 07 Yukon XL Denali that had the stabilitrak crap come on and off n also the CEL came on too. Only code I had was the P0011. I changed the cam position sensor and the light went off. I also did an engine flush and put synthetic oil in. No more codes and the stabilitrak hasn't come on either. Keeping my fingers crossed that this fixed it. It's still running like a top...

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk

Gurrzt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
California - where GOD and the sun always shines
I thought when you replace the "cam or crank" sensor, you need to do a relationship relearn to get both sensors talking to each other. You would need a OBD II or above to accomplish this. Part of the relearn is to take the engine RPM up to 4k and take your foot of the gas pedal allowing the RPM to go back to idle. This is repeated 3 or 4 times with the correct settings on the OBD II.

huntordietryin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I didn't know that. Somehow my went off and hasn't come on since.

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My damn p0011 has come back. I reset it with my scanner and it comes back same day or next day. I already changed the crank positioning sensor. What's next?

Reaction score
My damn p0011 has come back. I reset it with my scanner and it comes back same day or next day. I already changed the crank positioning sensor. What's next?

did you ever figure it out? changed mine out and it also still come on sporadically ... sometimes goes off by it self after a few miles sometimes i have to clear the code???

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you ever figure it out? changed mine out and it also still come on sporadically ... sometimes goes off by it self after a few miles sometimes i have to clear the code???

Nope. It comes one at least once sometimes a few times a day. I just reset the code with my scanner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal