Oil pressure sending unit range ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the aftermarket corvette oil coolers would work. If they do that would make the whole process easier.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Are you sure you don't already have an oil cooler? My Denali does. It's small so I was thinking if you have one you could get a bigger one and the lines are already there.

Negative... mine does not have an oil cooler. I have had the front end off when I added a bigger trans cooler inline with the factory one and I do my own oil changes, and other stunts, and it definitely does not have any oil cooler lines attached to the ports above the oil filter... only the cap.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
I wonder if the aftermarket corvette oil coolers would work. If they do that would make the whole process easier.

Which cooler are you speaking of? Do you have a link?

I can get the factory cooler lines for about $50 and a decent cooler for about the same OR since I already have a remote mount dual oil filter setup all I would need to buy is the adaptor to go in place of the factory oil filter and I could run it that way with a cooler inline.

I know if I run the cooler off of the factory oil filter location then it should cause a drop in pressure because the oil pump pushes the oil through the filter first before going into the block and up to the pressure switch.

If I run it from the factory cooler line location I am not certain if that would be PRE or POST pressure switch.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Something like this that will allow you to run something like a TruCool

http://www.improvedracing.com/oil-c...ette-oil-cooler-thermostat-adapter-p-369.html

When you said Corvette oil cooler I thought you wereeaming the actual cooler that goes in front of the radiator, not the adaptor.

This is the one I was looking at:
http://www.jegs.com/i/Hamburgers/497/3327/10002/-1

The one you posted bolts up to the factory cooler port location and I am not 100% sure if that would cause the pressure drop I am looking for.

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was trying to give you ideas. I am have high temps while towing and ran across it doing research but have not found anyone using it on a sub.

But maybe you could port out the area below the sensor to make a "dead" spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645