My Resto-Mod Odyssey - '08 Tahoe LT3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome news on the tune. It's really amazing what an all-around difference it makes.

Absolutely.

I'm really glad that I got an in-person tune with Justin data-logging and making observations from the passenger seat as I drove. He noticed some pinging and made an adjustment, then noticed something on a gear change at WOT and then made another adjustment. Then he sprinkled in some other tweaks and now she's good to go. Fantastic stuff, and probably much more than I'd be able to achieve on my own with a mailed tune, although I know that they do that for many satisfied customers----I'm just too impatient to do all the data-logging stuff. Lol

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a way to go back to the stock tune if it is at all necessary? What if your ECM bites the dust, is there a way to "re-load" your tune into the new ECM? Just curious about not having a hand held like the DiabloSport and issues that may come when doing a tune like you did. I got a buddy who just bought a 17 silverado and he is curious.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a way to go back to the stock tune if it is at all necessary? What if your ECM bites the dust, is there a way to "re-load" your tune into the new ECM? Just curious about not having a hand held like the DiabloSport and issues that may come when doing a tune like you did. I got a buddy who just bought a 17 silverado and he is curious.
Your friend can get the Autocal and he just datalogs and sends the file to BBP, then they can email his tune(s). That way you can have your stock tune file loaded on the Autocal as well as an 87-89 and 91+ tune and he can switch between them in minutes. And as you upgrade they update your tune and send it to you so you can load it. I just installed a blower and Justin not only updated my tune for the Whipple with the injectors I spec'd but I had him delete the EGR and downstream cats and he emailed the tune to me. And after I installed the blower and tune he had me datalog so he could check things out. Sorry DJ, didn't mean to clog up your build thread!

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your friend can get the Autocal and he just datalogs and sends the file to BBP, then they can email his tune(s). That way you can have your stock tune file loaded on the Autocal as well as an 87-89 and 91+ tune and he can switch between them in minutes. And as you upgrade they update your tune and send it to you so you can load it. I just installed a blower and Justin not only updated my tune for the Whipple with the injectors I spec'd but I had him delete the EGR and downstream cats and he emailed the tune to me. And after I installed the blower and tune he had me datalog so he could check things out. Sorry DJ, didn't mean to clog up your build thread!

To the contrary, many thanks!

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score

In addition to what @Red Rocket stated, BBP tunes once bought are supported for the life of the owner's vehicle. Can't beat that.

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about modifying my ride's audio. Not talking about adding amps or subs or changing head units. Just deadening doors and swapping factory speakers for aftermarket. Something I can complete in a few hours and enjoy for years.....

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They throw longer but I can't say how much more than standard bulbs. Perhaps twice the throw....guessing.
I got mine in the mail, I installed them and they make a world of difference from the other LED bulbs I had in there. Well worth the extra bucks. I am going to get another set of what I had before and replace the tail/brake/turn with them. They are nice enough for that.

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine in the mail, I installed them and they make a world of difference from the other LED bulbs I had in there. Well worth the extra bucks. I am going to get another set of what I had before and replace the tail/brake/turn with them. They are nice enough for that.

Cool stuff, brother. They are life-changing! lol

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered some replacement door handles for driver and front-passenger doors.

s-l225.jpg

Once I get these in, I'll pull the interior door panels off, replace the old interior handles with the new, deadened the doors with Dynamat (or similar) and may also replace the exterior driver door handle---it's not broken, just worn and has a good-size nick in it.

:chewie:

Last edited:
OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the Dynamat thing for both front doors. Removed moisture barrier and installed sheets on inside lower area of outer door skin plus sheets on inside of inner (metal) door panel plus small strips around factory speaker plus a few strips on large sections of door card. Forgot about taking pics, but everybody's seen it plenty before.

Must say that I'm impressed. Listening to satellite radio is a joy, and it feels like I've got a new sound system and/or a slightly more solid-driving truck. Definitely worth the $53 I paid for the kit, and I used only barely half so I have enough to do rear doors easily.

Only minor issue now is that creaking door cards are more noticeable----driver and passenger door cards want to creak at what seems like a seam near the rear edges of doors. Will take the cards off and see if Dynamat on those areas will help.

Looking forward to installing Dynamat to the rear doors and fixing the fronts....maybe tomorrow if I have a few hours free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645