89Suburban/PAW PAW's 07 Tahoe Redneck Mod Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
89Suburban

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should be pretty easy to determine which one is making the racket once you get a chance to dig deeper after work :)

So that vid clearly shows the noise coming from the tensioner pulley now that I listened to it. And "stethoscope" 24" 3/8" drive extension absolutely to my ear drum confirms that after testing tonight.

However I did stop at the parts store on the way home to get a replacement idler pulley for the left of the alternator. I def felt play in that . Pics. This explains the rust streaks on the intake tube and belt. Hope to get the ribbed, flanged tensioner pulley tomorrow after work. And post up some better vid and sounds.

IMG_6407.JPGIMG_6408.JPGIMG_6409.JPG

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not have guessed that one. That sucks

OP
OP
89Suburban

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not have guessed that one. That sucks

The noise of it was traveling through the whole housing to the mounting points of the pulleys. So using the "screwdriver to ear" method had me chasing my tail. Now that I put it directly on the center of the pump you can hear it really groaning. I loosened the belt and there is slight play in the pulley. Not leaking though.

I'll be picking one up tonight to install tomorrow afternoon after work.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The noise of it was traveling through the whole housing to the mounting points of the pulleys. So using the "screwdriver to ear" method had me chasing my tail. Now that I put it directly on the center of the pump you can hear it really groaning. I loosened the belt and there is slight play in the pulley. Not leaking though.

I've been lucky. I've owned 3 GMT900's and have never had to replace a water pump on one yet ***knock on wood*** On my '07, I put 150k on it and I'm 40k deep on the esky and have dodged that bullet so far.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

When you're done you can wander on over and replace the axle seal in the esky for me. I can pay you in pizza rolls and popcorn :Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts