My Resto-Mod Odyssey - '08 Tahoe LT3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, this is one of the first mods I did to mine in 2012 as well, hated that peeling plastidip looking crap. I've also done the LED license plate lamps, Silverado special edition 20" wheels, added factory nav and backup camera and Diablo tuner. I haven't tackled the center console cover yet, mine's got 210k miles and that cover surprisingly isn't bad. But I need to fix all this stuff to make room for my 2016 HoHo in the garage. :D

Good to hear what you're up to, brother.
Post up your current and future mods-----they often help others. :)

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like WeatherTech and Husky literally own the floor mat market on this forum (lol), but I discovered some different mats that I thought I'd try....and I love 'em.

A pair up front and a one-piece across the second row. Kind of a carbon fiber look, but feels more like a very firm, short-pile carpet. Passengers dig.

IMG_20160609_120600.jpg IMG_20160609_120647.jpg IMG_20160609_120611.jpg

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found them doing an online search last spring and sourced them from Amazon. They are very rigid and I like how they look & fit. I almost ordered the tan color for my cashmere interior, but I ordered the black.

Here's a link to the one-piece mat for the second row that I just found on Amazon today. I think the price is lower.

https://www.amazon.com/Aries-CH0242...008:chevrolet:tahoe&keywords=aries+floor+mats

TJ Nelson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This thread will feature posts and photos outside of their actual order of occurrence, as much of what will be found here took place in the past and, thus, I see little value in sharing in the original chronology. Instead, the main purpose is simply to corral all my restorations, repairs and modifications in one simple gathering & viewing point. Memory lane for me, and maybe a little help or, even better, inspiration for you.

And so, without further ado...

Installed some absolutely fantastic reverse LED bulbs after reading about and seeing them in a build thread by a great forum member and friend @Fosscore

Link to a listing on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DGC885C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here they are ( off and also on ) taken with my Tahoe parked in my garage, door open, about 4pm. Crazy bright. View attachment 79413 View attachment 79414
Nice, I found some on-line and installed in my '95. Looks almost like headlights backing up now! Definitely an improvement over stock bulbs!

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, I found some on-line and installed in my '95. Looks almost like headlights backing up now! Definitely an improvement over stock bulbs!

If you got the same or similar reverse lights that I installed, yeah, they are REALLY bright!

This morning (after sun-up) I noticed a neighbor starting as I backed out of my garage----she was walking her dog, and I think she was struggling to process how freakin' bright the bulbs are. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman