My Resto-Mod Odyssey - '08 Tahoe LT3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the airaid m.i.t. today. I probably would never have purchased one except that I'm scheduled to have an in-person BB tune Sunday and I happened to notice one for sale on here by @goodinblack I decided to go for it. Glad I did!

While I realize that this intake tube alone does NOT represent a meaningful power gain, the improved throttle response is undeniable, and the slightly deeper intake sounds on part-throttle are very pleasing. The far deeper/louder sounds under heavy throttle are a real kick!

Can't wait to enjoy the full benefit come Sunday.:)

Last edited:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed the airaid m.i.t. today. I probably would never have purchased one except that I'm scheduled to have an in-person BB tune Sunday and I happened to notice one for sale on here by @goodinblack and I decided to go for it. Glad I did!

While I realize that this intake tube alone does NOT represent a meaningful power gain, the improved throttle response is undeniable, and the slightly deeper intake sounds on part-throttle are very pleasing. The far deeper/louder sounds under heavy throttle are a real kick!

Can't wait to enjoy the full benefit come Sunday.:)
Man you got it quick. Usps ftw lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Polished the rear brake/reverse light lenses.

I pity those who stare into the 1,200 lumen reverse light at night. Lol

IMG_20170505_190610.jpg IMG_20170505_190532.jpg

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do those reverse LEDs project light like a headlight? The LEDs that I put are bright but do not project any further than the stock bulb.

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do those reverse LEDs project light like a headlight? The LEDs that I put are bright but do not project any further than the stock bulb.

They throw longer but I can't say how much more than standard bulbs. Perhaps twice the throw....guessing.

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Met up with Jared and Justin this AM and got my BBP tune. Both gents are extremely knowledgeable, down to earth and all around good people.

I went with a nice 89-octane tune with Justin's tweaks. Shifts are firmer and much shorter in duration but not harsh at all. Throttle response is vastly improved. Downshifts during cruising are immediate upon tapping the throttle, so that annoying 2-second hesitation is history. AFM is dead & gone. Oh, and Tow Mode is now Sport Mode.

Driving this big girl with this tune is a much more satisfying and fun experience than before. I feel like I got way more than my money's worth, considering I got a customized tune for my needs and for my unique vehicle, and the session was located only 20 minutes from my house! Very satisfied.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome news on the tune. It's really amazing what an all-around difference it makes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos