My '03 'Hoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FULL SIZE VEHICLES!!! I'd also like to know how much you paid for it..

As for better fuel efficiency. Im gonna say get the basics.

Cold air intake (K&N for example)
Exhaust system
Tune

increase about 2mpg for sure.

OP
OP
Tom Joad

Tom Joad

French V8 lover.
Reaction score
Nice ride, now let the mods begin!
That's what I was thinking of. ;)

So how much did you pay for the vehicle since the car was imported (if you dont mind me asking :))?
Welcome to FULL SIZE VEHICLES!!! I'd also like to know how much you paid for it..
16.000€. I'm the 3rd or 4th owner. Only 146000km/90720mi on it when I buy it.

Exhaust system
Tune
I was thinking about the CAI. Are you sure it's increasing the milleage?

The other questions is about my front tires. I have a pair of General Grabber AW that are now dead. Knowing I'm only doing raod and no off-road, what tires should I buy?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking and clean truck sir, glad you got one and also that you are on this site!! Keep up the questioning and also the mods!!

---------- Post added at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 AM ----------

Exhaust system
Tune

I'd do at least these 3 first!! I didn't get anything out of just the CAI except a louder intake sound (which I didn't like much), then I bought my Corsa setup and that changed the intake sounds (which I liked) but didn't get much of a power/mpg increase either!! The tune is where I got the power/mpg increase, plus the shifting is amazing because of the tune which is what made it worth it to me!! Those 3 things are a very good starting point for pretty much any vehicle if you are after a power/mpg increase, don't expect alot in the mpg aspect of it all though, each vehicle is a whole different beast for the other!!

If you have the money, get yourself a Corsa Sport exhaust system, they sound awesome on our trucks!!! A bit louder at idle than stock, at cruising speed on the road/freeway it's just as quiet as stock (nice because you can hold a conversation without having to yell at each other unlike alot of other mufflers), and boy oh boy when you step on it you know you have a Corsa!! lol

As for CAI, you can do a K&N or others but if I had it to do over again I would have gotten one of the oil less ones (can't remember a brand off hand), alot easier to deal with than the oil covered K&N's. Not saying the K&N's are a pain, just the other is that much easier!!

As for the tune, I highly recommend the custom tunes like Black Bear or such!! Not a huge fan of the pre programmed handhelds, they are very general with their programming and not specific enough to a vehicles needs to get the most out of it!! My denali could smoke my buddy's silverado anyday of the week, both were 6.0's but mine was a BB tune while he had a diablo!! No competition at all!! When it comes to the custom tunes, be sure to get the ones that actually pull data from your truck so the tuner can analyse how your truck runs and can build a program for your truck that will optimize what you have, and if you can somehow have an inperson tune, even better!! Very cool experience!!

OP
OP
Tom Joad

Tom Joad

French V8 lover.
Reaction score
I do not miss the power. Sunday, I had to overtake a bus on a short straight line, i just pushed the pedal to the metal and it jumped up tp 6000RPM, the engine roaring. Woa! I was impressed! I really feel the power.
For now I don't need more power but I'd like to increase the mileage.
The iddling sound I love sounds more or less like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzrBVDWoBJI
New exhaust pipes... Next to impossible to get!
The customs keep all pipes and mufflers that are not fully legal even if you tell them you'll use them on track only. :emotions122:

Custom tunes would be cool to incease milleage. Do you have any links?

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black Bear Tune

Nice looking and clean truck sir, glad you got one and also that you are on this site!! Keep up the questioning and also the mods!!

---------- Post added at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 AM ----------

I'd do at least these 3 first!! I didn't get anything out of just the CAI except a louder intake sound (which I didn't like much), then I bought my Corsa setup and that changed the intake sounds (which I liked) but didn't get much of a power/mpg increase either!! The tune is where I got the power/mpg increase, plus the shifting is amazing because of the tune which is what made it worth it to me!! Those 3 things are a very good starting point for pretty much any vehicle if you are after a power/mpg increase, don't expect alot in the mpg aspect of it all though, each vehicle is a whole different beast for the other!!

If you have the money, get yourself a Corsa Sport exhaust system, they sound awesome on our trucks!!! A bit louder at idle than stock, at cruising speed on the road/freeway it's just as quiet as stock (nice because you can hold a conversation without having to yell at each other unlike alot of other mufflers), and boy oh boy when you step on it you know you have a Corsa!! lol

As for CAI, you can do a K&N or others but if I had it to do over again I would have gotten one of the oil less ones (can't remember a brand off hand), alot easier to deal with than the oil covered K&N's. Not saying the K&N's are a pain, just the other is that much easier!!

As for the tune, I highly recommend the custom tunes like Black Bear or such!! Not a huge fan of the pre programmed handhelds, they are very general with their programming and not specific enough to a vehicles needs to get the most out of it!! My denali could smoke my buddy's silverado anyday of the week, both were 6.0's but mine was a BB tune while he had a diablo!! No competition at all!! When it comes to the custom tunes, be sure to get the ones that actually pull data from your truck so the tuner can analyse how your truck runs and can build a program for your truck that will optimize what you have, and if you can somehow have an inperson tune, even better!! Very cool experience!!

So how does one obtain a BLACK BEAR tune? I am in Sacramento, CA and you state it would be best to have an "in person tune"??

How much would something like this cost for my '06 5.3L Yukon?

What are the benefits? Only power (how much more?) and what about fuel economy?

Any details you could provide are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd contact Jennabear on here with Black Bear performance about your tuning questions, she will be able to hook you both up with what you wanna know!!

http://www.blackbearperformance.com/

Also JochenWoern, I'm pretty sure BB is in California, somewhere in southern cali if I remember right!!

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

I do not miss the power. Sunday, I had to overtake a bus on a short straight line, i just pushed the pedal to the metal and it jumped up tp 6000RPM, the engine roaring. Woa! I was impressed! I really feel the power.
For now I don't need more power but I'd like to increase the mileage.
The iddling sound I love sounds more or less like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzrBVDWoBJI
New exhaust pipes... Next to impossible to get!
The customs keep all pipes and mufflers that are not fully legal even if you tell them you'll use them on track only. :emotions122:

Custom tunes would be cool to incease milleage. Do you have any links?

Here's a good example how my corsa sport exhaust sounds like on my truck at an idle (It's not my truck though, just sounds exactly like mine!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JdekGmLofo

As for the custom tune, I love my Black Bear tune mostly because of how much better my truck shifts now, it shifts like it should have from the factory!! That alone helps MPG!!

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd contact Jennabear on here with Black Bear performance about your tuning questions, she will be able to hook you both up with what you wanna know!!

http://www.blackbearperformance.com/

Also JochenWoern, I'm pretty sure BB is in California, somewhere in southern cali if I remember right!!

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Here's a good example how my corsa sport exhaust sounds like on my truck at an idle (It's not my truck though, just sounds exactly like mine!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JdekGmLofo

As for the custom tune, I love my Black Bear tune mostly because of how much better my truck shifts now, it shifts like it should have from the factory!! That alone helps MPG!!

Thanks Chris.

OP
OP
Tom Joad

Tom Joad

French V8 lover.
Reaction score
No idea?
I'll order the Vredestein.

Now, the useless.

I want to give a more US look to my Tahoe.
I 've found 2 tail lights that does just good :
Tail light 1

and
Tail light 2

My question is :
If I use a two-colored led bulb (white/amber) so I can use the white housing for the reverse light and turn signal, how do I plug the bulbs to the Tahoe's harness?
Is there a "Y" harness available somewhere?

Does anyone of you have thoses taillight can post pics of the tail light/brake light/turnsignal in use?

regards.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No idea?
I'll order the Vredestein.

Now, the useless.

I want to give a more US look to my Tahoe.
I 've found 2 tail lights that does just good :
Tail light 1

and
Tail light 2

My question is :
If I use a two-colored led bulb (white/amber) so I can use the white housing for the reverse light and turn signal, how do I plug the bulbs to the Tahoe's harness?
Is there a "Y" harness available somewhere?

Does anyone of you have thoses taillight can post pics of the tail light/brake light/turnsignal in use?

regards.

Most of us use taillight 2. Look at my album and you shall see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn