My '03 'Hoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:waytogo:
Thank you all of you for that warm welcome. :)

I'll answer you all together :

- Indeed Germany and Toulouse are close to my actual location. That's the benefit of living in a small country. :)

- We have some US cars around France but they are as rare as french cars around the US.

Several reasons for that :
First of all because of gas price. Almost $8 bucks a gallon. That makes you think before buying a US car.
Then because of the price of imported cars. Since they are not officially imported, rare dealers do what they want with the selling price. New Camaro were sold until this year up to €80.000. Then you still have to make them road legal it will cost you €3.000 more.
Now things are a little better with official Camaro/Charger around €40.000.

Another PITA is that Chevrolet Dealer around Europe does not sell US Chevy such as Suburban, Tahoe and GMC Yukon. They don't know either how to order parts. :emotions122:

I'm a member of the ACCF club (American Car Club de France) which regroups almost 700 US car owners. In France, that means a lot.

I grew up with TV shows such as S&H, ChiPs, ******, and else and i love US cars almost since I'm born.

I've been in the USA 2 times in the early '90s. Once in Virginia, near Williamsburg, and the next years in Fontana, CA.

Last September I was 10 days around Vancouver and the canadian Rockies. I loved it. It was so full of Tahoe and others trucks that when we went home, my wife and I started to look after one. And bought one. :)

If you fave any other questions, feel free to ask, and, please, if my english grammar is not good, send me a MP so I can improve it.

:waytogo:

Orrin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I have traveld France about 5 or 6 times and love it. The people and food are terrific. I don't envy you having to fill that beast up. Must cost a ouple of Ben Franklin's. ($200). Take care and watch out for some of those really narrow streets in the old areas.

Copland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Adrien.

Nice rig. Indeed, these ones are pretty rare in good old europe. And i know what you're talking about the gas prices here, it's really a PITA to get these big hunk cars refueled here... But on your pics i can see the same little propane converter switch for the lpg that i do have as well ;) God save the propane ... LOL

Greetings from Germany...

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Adrien.

Nice rig. Indeed, these ones are pretty rare in good old europe. And i know what you're talking about the gas prices here, it's really a PITA to get these big hunk cars refueled here... But on your pics i can see the same little propane converter switch for the lpg that i do have as well ;) God save the propane ... LOL

Guten morgen, na lieber Guten Abend Deutschland. :)

Wo in Deutschland bist Du?

OP
OP
Tom Joad

Tom Joad

French V8 lover.
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I have travelled France about 5 or 6 times and love it. The people and food are terrific. I don't envy you having to fill that beast up. Must cost a couple of Ben Franklin's. ($200). Take care and watch out for some of those really narrow streets in the old areas.
Come back anytime. People are less terrific but food is still awesome ! :)
When I was looking for a US car I knew it would cost an arm and a leg. Though I'm aware of that, It's always painfull at the gas station.
For people who are never been in France, we indeed have some narrow streets. There is a reason we are the country who created the Renault 5 LeCar ! :laughing1:
The reason is most of our roads come from the roman era then the medieval era. Of course they have been adapted such as the villages but you still can find many villages with their medieval architecture which means narrows streets and little doors.
IN the early '00, the city of Montpellier bought 3 Ford Crown Vic. They could access to the old downtown due to their size ! The old mayor (now deceased) was a very special man.

Here they are :
08305f277a.jpg
2502df856e.jpg
e63236e525.jpg

and less hardware than yours in the inside :
http://up.autotitre.com/forum/up/c151f9f760.jpg

here with the first sheme:
e3cdc7b852.jpg

Hi Adrien.
:) Thank you my german LPG friends ! :laughing:

Copland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The guys in Montpellier made it to get some Crown Vics as patrol cars. That's awesome. I would love to be able to have a P71 as a patrol car instead of these crappy Mercedes with what i have to ride.

@Jochen: Komme aus dem schönen Osten des Landes. Irgendwo zwischen Hannover und Berlin ;) An Sacramento bin ich bisher nur mal kurz vorbeigefahren auf dem Weg von S.F. nach Colusa County...

Last edited:

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guys in Montpellier made it to get some Crown Vics as patrol cars. That's awesome. I would love to be able to have a P71 as a patrol car instead of these crappy Mercedes with what i have to ride.

@Jochen: Komme aus dem schönen Osten des Landes. Irgendwo zwischen Hannover und Berlin ;) An Sacramento bin ich bisher nur mal kurz vorbeigefahren auf dem Weg von S.F. nach Colusa County...

Na, alles klar dann und wuensche einen schoenen Tag.

OP
OP
Tom Joad

Tom Joad

French V8 lover.
Reaction score

Crappy Mercedes?
Is it possible that a Mecedes is crappy?
I wish cops in my country drive Mercedes instead of the tasteless Renault and Peugeot (and sometimes Ford too) they have! :)
Guess the grass is always greener ....

(all speed in kmh/mph)
I come back for a 2000km/1200mi trip.
I've done 800km/500mi with the full LPG tnak and 3/4 of the gas tank.
On the way back I was able to check I oculd drive for 350-400km/217-250mi on the LPG tank alone.

It's still very confortable at 130/80 but some vibrations are fell through the steering wheel starting from 120/74.

MOre question and stories tomorrow. :)

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how much did you pay for the vehicle since the car was imported (if you dont mind me asking :))?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog