My '03 'Hoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Indeed, they look great. I can not see any difference on the picture with the four red lights on.
Do you actually see a difference when lit between the breaklight and the taillight?

Sorry, not sure I understand your question correctly, but I will try to answer.

Yes, you see a difference between the tail light and brake light. The tail light has "normal" light output. When you step on the brake, the tail light does get more illuminated, therefore brighter.

On pic one, "Lights and Hazards", I was actually waiting until the hazards came on and snapped the picture, therefor all four lights are on. Top row are tail lights and brakes, bottom row are turnsignals and hazards.
Compare the "Lights and Hazards" pic with the "Brakes" pic and you can see that the LED's are way brighter when the brake is applied.

Hope this makes sense and was the answer you were looking for.

Lights&Hazards.jpg

Brakes.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tom Joad

Tom Joad

French V8 lover.
Reaction score
Thank you. You understand well. :)
I won't use the lower row since I'm planning to relocate the hazard down to the clear plastic housing.
At least It'll look better than the factory assy! :)

I'm waiting for answers from a double LED colored bulb about the wiring.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. You understand well. :)
I won't use the lower row since I'm planning to relocate the hazard down to the clear plastic housing.
At least It'll look better than the factory assy! :)

I'm waiting for answers from a double LED colored bulb about the wiring.

If you get the X3 light, it is "plug in play" and can only be connected one way, as I have it on my rig. There is no way to change the set up, unless of course you are planning on changing the wiring as you had stated.

I am glad I understood you properly and was able to help.

OP
OP
Tom Joad

Tom Joad

French V8 lover.
Reaction score
I've checked my Tahoe taillight assembly few minutes ago.

What 'ive found is I have 3x 3157 bulbs which are 21w/7w but only 1 socket is 2 filaments ready : the tail/brake one.
All others sockets are 3156 wired.

The dual amber/white leds seems to work like a 3157 bulb :
1 ground wire
1 amber positive wire
1 white positive wire.

Best way to check if the are ok is to plug them into the tail/brake socket and turn on the light.
the bulb should lit up in one color.
they press the brake pedal and the bulb should change color.
Release the pedal and the bulb should go back to the first color.

I'll test them as soon As I get them.

My concerne are I don't want to modify the factory harness.
So I will create a "Y" harness that wil come from the 2 original sockets (turn and reverse) an joint into a female 3157 socket which will be fitted with the LED bulb.

I've found this on ee-bay :
3157 Socket
or this one will do it too.

Here I found T25 (3157) empaty bases I needed : autolumination.com

A pair of thoses wired to the 3157 socket and it'll be fine !

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tom Joad

Tom Joad

French V8 lover.
Reaction score
HI everyone.
Today I put the freshly charged batterie in my truck.
I've took this pics of the terminals I actulaay have :
tahoebatterie.jpg

As you can see my Hoe is OEM wired for side mounted terminals batteries and someone add a little work so it can be plugged to SAE type batteries with terminals on the top of the batt.

My question are :
Should I remove all the steel stuff and connect the wire with this kind of isolated and fast removable clamp-style connectors?
http://www.conrad.fr/cosses_de_batt...=844110-62&ns_fee=0&LGWCODE=84411062;5860;390

Should I Find a side mounted terminals battery (******* this side of the ocean)?

Or should I look after an adaptator for flat-to-SAE-clamp teminals ?

And most of it I want it to be protected with a plastic cap...

Last edited:

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HI everyone.
Today I put the freshly charged batterie in my truck.
I've took this pics of the terminals I actulaay have :
tahoebatterie.jpg

As you can see my Hoe is OEM wired for side mounted terminals batteries and someone add a little work so it can be plugged to SAE type batteries with terminals on the top of the batt.

My question are :
Should I remove all the steel stuff and connect the wire with this kind of isolated and fast removable clamp-style connectors?
http://www.conrad.fr/cosses_de_batt...=844110-62&ns_fee=0&LGWCODE=84411062;5860;390

Should I Find a side mounted terminals battery (******* this side of the ocean)?

Or should I look after an adaptator for flat-to-SAE-clamp teminals ?

And most of it I want it to be protected with a plastic cap...

I do not see anything wrong with what you have in the picture. Why change the terminals? (As long as they have been installed/crimped properly!).

I can imagine it to be difficult to find a side mounted terminal battery in Europe, I therefore assume this is why someone did the set up you are having now.

The plastic protection is really only needed on the POSITIVE Battery Terminal. I would imagine you can find a cap that will fit the currently installed terminal.

That's just my opinion, maybe others have some advise as well.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom, I posted up pics of my battery on the daily thread, but I'd go into a store like I mentioned earlier today and ask them about it! If they don't know, call around, you are bound to find someone that can give you a definite answer for you!!
As for using top posts without having to cut off the stock side post fittings on your cable now, they do sell adapters that will look better than what you have now, if that's what you are worried about! But from the looks of your setup right now, I can't see anything negative about it as long as everything is tight and clean!

OP
OP
Tom Joad

Tom Joad

French V8 lover.
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
Tom Joad

Tom Joad

French V8 lover.
Reaction score
MY Tahoe at the Chamrousse Ski Resort on Sunday the 15th of January:

img5663qn.jpg

On the way back I've driven up to 151.000km (94.000mi)

Tahoe in the country side by Monday:
tahoecampagne.jpg

Closer :
tahoecampagne2.jpg

My Tahoe at La Clusaz Ski Resort (17th of January):
tahoelaclusaz.jpg

I know there's many members awaiting for the snow.
All I can do is share the one I got:
laclusaz.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renew