Mikeyss Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Ooo 6l80 build time!
I went with a new 3-5-r drum, if i were to have someone weld it.
I would do a new drum anyways, and then have them reinforce it.

My drum was worn heavily, and the clutches seemed to stick a little due to what I can only call "Dents" or more wear marks that left a wavy pattern.

billet sonnax piston on top of that.

I bought my pump in 3 orders, main bell housing, pump body, and the pump stator kit.
installed with the sonnax high rpm spring.

I can get the part numbers, but it was a careful research and measurements before I ordered the pump kit.

At the time I had a super hard time finding parts in stock for it, but amazon came to my rescue.
Also watch out for some of those 3-5-R drums, a batch got out that are for the 6l90 but in boxes marked for the 6l80
different heights, so verify before you slap it in there and then try to figure out why you can't get the pump to seat. :jester:
Sumit sent me the wrong one, but amazon hooked me up with the correct one + it was a little cheaper IIRC.

Quick Amazon search for some of my history.

Rebuild your own techm tool + laminates!

Pump slide

Pump rotor kit

Pump cover

Bell housing

That 3-5-R drum

OP
OP
mikeyss

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to a shop in town, called Zach's, and I'll probably have them do it. I'd love to do this myself, but I live in a condo, and the garage isn't big enough for the Tahoe to stay laid up for the next few weeks. There also isn't enough room on either side to pull the trans out from under it, haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia