Mats - Where are the Hooks on the Floor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

notabearish1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I picked up some new GMC carpet floor mats from my local GMC dealer for my 2013 Yukon. My wife placed them in the cabin and I noticed there are no hooks/plugs on the floors to lock the mats in...does any one know why???

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

So I found the floor mat screw anchors in the box....question answered.

aggressive

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what do these attach too? There aren't any exposed screws on my 2013 and I want to make verify compatibility before I pull the trigger on new OEM mats GM # 17800404.

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My WeatherTech Digital Fit liners came with hooks to anchor into the carpet.

TerryKing

Reaction score
Just got my WeatherTech mats. Box says "Factory Retention Anchors used"..

I have a fleet vehicle that came with plain rubberized floor cover. Good for me in snowy/slushy/salty Vermont.

I'm about to put the WeatherTechs in. The Drivers side has a 3/8" hole with a V-Oval raised section around it.

Anyone know how this is supposed to work??

Thanks!

Regards, Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reviving a thread where you may have gotten some solutions... But I'll tell my story and maybe it will help.

I ordered mats for my '09 Tahoe last winter. Being winter, I decided I'd drive around with my crapped up old ones through the winter instead of putting the new ones in. So, the new ones sat unopened until this weekend. I opened the box, went to put them in, and lo and behold I had the same hold-down cut-outs as you all.

I figured they accommodated something on the newer Tahoes, and so I'd see if I could source those pieces and just fill the gaps at the hold downs.

Then I thought I'd pop in here to see if I was missing something, saw these posts, and ran back down to the trash bin where I had ditched the box the mats came in, and there in the bottom of the box was a little bag with the retainer pieces in it. Never saw them! Glad it wasn't recycling day.

As said before, these pieces pop in from the underside of the mat, snap into place, and then are screwed into the carpet's pile. Kind of goofy, but kind of ingenious as well.

For cashmere carpet with light brown accents, my part number for these pieces is 12490169, for anyone who cares.

Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84