I've had 3 of these new Tahoe/Yukons..no issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No but he has a CTS and Impala and gets down with all the ladies in his 14 Panty Dropper Yukon. Lol. Riding in a 14 compared to a 15,16,17 is like a time warp. Especially the steering, handling and interior layout.

Everything in the 15+ is better than the previous generation except for steering and suspension IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cmicasa the Great XvX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything in the 15+ is better than the previous generation except for steering and suspension IMO.

Saw your other post in the other thread.. I just posted this here because they were so similar. No need to try and be a smart ass.

Nonetheless... the steering in the 15+ is better IMO as well.. while I would say the suspension in the previous models may have been less "sporty," and more floaty, the handling in this model is leaps and bounds better with no need for modification as the previous. In my GMT800 and 900 I had to go to Bilstein to get this level of handling.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw your other post in the other thread.. I just posted this here because they were so similar. No need to try and be a smart ass.

Nonetheless... the steering in the 15+ is better IMO as well.. while I would say the suspension in the previous models may have been less "sporty," and more floaty, the handling in this model is leaps and bounds better with no need for modification as the previous. In my GMT800 and 900 I had to go to Bilstein to get this level of handling.

Was just having some fun. I operate mostly in smart ass mode.

The old model was so comfortable. The Denali is too stiff IMO. I want long haul comfort not sports car agility out of a truck like this. But it is what it is. I think the non magnetic ride versions aren't quite as bad.

jdskycaster

Reaction score
So in summary..
1) If U can afford.. get Escalade.. I prefer the look over all but at the time I bought all they had was the ESV and I think the size is too much for me
2) Buy Michilens..or work it in the deal
3) Get Full Size Back seat.. better for recreational purposed

I will chime in on suggestion #1. I can afford a new Esky but am just not ready to throw away $50K in depreciation over two years of ownership. My brother can actually afford to buy one more than I can and writes most of that depreciation off so he just doesn't care about the financial side of the equation as much.

So after owning a fully loaded 15' Esky he paid $95K for with the custom grill and wheels he absolutely hates it. The Cue system is garbage - he actually uses it or more or less fights with it every day for work and his friendly caddie dealer is advising him to just trade it in for an updated version of the system in the 17's. Trade in value against another $95K copy? $50K. I could not in good conscience recommend anyone purchase a vehicle with that kind of depreciation. Even with his business write-off he's not replacing it with another one.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interior padding and different exterior lights can only add so much 'real' value to a 40k truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pfennig_san

Reaction score
Q: What is GM doing with the 2015+ Tahoes and Yukons they are buying back for booming vibration issues? Just selling them used to someone else who isn't concerned with those problems? If so, its probably a win-win for GM. They don't have to keep dealing with service issues on the trucks and can recoop some costs selling pre-owned and maybe get a slice of the higher finance charge on the vehicle the second go-around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10