I've had 3 of these new Tahoe/Yukons..no issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris T

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think that's just a normal characteristic of body on frame vehicles by the sound of it. Trucks boom.

I disagree it is a characteristic of body on frame vehicles. I've ridden in Yukon's and Tahoe's that did not boom. Infiniti QX80's don't boom, Nissan Armada's don't boom, my previous Toyota Tunda didn't boom, Toyota 4Runners don't boom. If you've ever driven or ridden in one that does it, you will know. It's like a large bass drum getting hit over any imperfection at slow speeds.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree it is a characteristic of body on frame vehicles. I've ridden in Yukon's and Tahoe's that did not boom. Infiniti QX80's don't boom, Nissan Armada's don't boom, my previous Toyota Tunda didn't boom, Toyota 4Runners don't boom. If you've ever driven or ridden in one that does it, you will know. It's like a large bass drum getting hit over any imperfection at slow speeds.

My Sequoia doesn't boom. Neither does my friend's Expedition.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily. I had a boomer with sporadic vibrations above 70mph but no buffeting. What a crap design. I feel sorry for those with the trifecta. Sold mine, enjoying the new Audi Q7 and no booming over slight road imperfections.

I'm starting to think its a "feature" of the new 2015+ designs. These issues may not get fully resolved until the next major redesign. But who knows?

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's that defined then I've never been in one with it. these trucks do ride hard that's why I asked. IMO the expedition rides a lot smoother idk how the sequoia rides.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been in a few that boom and a few that do not. My 17 burb does not. Funny thing is, our 2015 Grand Cherokee has the booming on dirt roads and on a specific road by our neighborhood.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to see if your car booms, drive it on I69 between I94 and Lansing, Michigan... There is a section of road that makes my 07 into resonator. This section of road does it to every vehicle I own that I have driven over it. It is the only place that it does it though, and I live about 70 miles from there, so it does not bother me unless I am going to Indiana or Illinois. ;)

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my '15 since May 2014. Build date April 2014

We've put 37k miles on her. I only have 5 complaints after all this time. My wife/I love SUV's. List is ridiculously long, and I've never seen most of the complaints I keep seeing on here. Glad for it too.

Complaints (in order of annoyance):
1. LS radio. randomly froze and errorred. 2x it completely went dead. required battery unplugged to get reset. did it each time on a long 5+ hour drive. Dealership finally did a system update in April 2017 and it hasn't glitched since. better stay fixed
2. OEM Goodyear tires weathercracked and were unsafe to drive on after 3yrs/35k miles. I replaced with General AT2 LT265/75R18 vice the OEM 265/65R18. Holy hell are these such a better tire. LT rides stiffer, but hey it's a truck
3. AFM/V-4 crap. I pinned the butterfly open years ago. Dealership says vibration/noise is normal and refused to do anything with the AFM. Only thing it's good for is 75+ mph on long haul trips. I did get 22-24 mpg driving across country last year. Plan to tune off with a BBR tune
4. Drivers seat shift/click. fixed that with hose clamps and rubber sheeting years ago. stayed fixed.
5. Vibration at 55-60 mph. I'm not convinced it's the Tahoe though. I didn't notice it in Hawaii, or when driving across country. But everywhere local to me in CT I feel the vibration. Old tires and current brand new ones. Plan on a road trip in the spring to Texas, will see if it occurs on way there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz