How do you feel about cops driving Tahoes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTown LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no problem with them being used in areas that recieve adverse weather conditions as they are kind of a necessity.

I also have no problem with K9 officers using them or special units that need the space.

However, for every day cruisers it just seems cost prohibitive, then again it's only tax dollars. But I mean come on, the up front cost then maintenance and fuel economy. I just feel our tax dollars would be better served with other suitable PPV's.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Tell 05alive to calm his ****. It was fine before, just a weird thread cause I wasn't sure exactly what op was talking about lol. Now I do

sent from the last frontier

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have to agree that some of these posts are on the border line of being uncivil which is sad cause this community is kick ass!

I have no problem with the GM's being used by LEO but I do question the use of MRAPs that are seen driving in small college towns in my area.

OP
OP
Burby

Burby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the fact that they drive Tahoe I bought mine because they use them
I agree they look super cool even as cop cars. And the Ford explorers also look good from a law enforcement standpoint. So that is where I was coming from on the Ford comment - commission 1000's of ford explorers fleet cars if they need a cop SUV. Why do they need to drive the pinnacle of SUV on our tax dollars? Rhetorical question and legit concern -

I'm a snob "tongue in cheek". I drive a $60K car that is the nicest thing I've ever bought for myself. We drive it through upper class neighborhoods and people wave and we laugh to ourselves - like really? You are waving because of our car?

I posted it here to a group of fellow owners to see what you guys think. In reality it is probably good that a lot of these get sold as fleet cars which increases the user base and can help identify potential issues. Peace out yo!

Last edited:

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pinnacle of SUVs? You have to be kidding, right? Not even the Escalade is the pinnacle of SUVs...

Nothing wrong with the PDs using the Tahoes in my opinion. More room for them and all their gear as well as a bit safer I'd imagine. I do question if they are the right vehicle for pursuits but of course there are many other cars in the fleet usually used for those. I've seen a long list of various vehicles used by the departments here in AZ from various pickup trucks, crown vics, mustangs, chargers, tahoes, etc. I see no dilution of the brand and if you think it does then perhaps you should take a look at the various agencies across the country and world as just about every single vehicle manufacturer has some sort of PPV version including Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc. Sure those last ones are out in the UAE and Italy but they are there and don't ruin the brand IMO.

Sgtduckyboy

Reaction score
If you mean 'personally',, who gives a rats ass, Land of the Free. if you mean because they are given a set of keys to a vehicle and have to drive it,, who gives a rats ass, and if you mean, it sucks that cops get to drive nicely decked out versions of the car you have to pay for, who gives a rats ass.. I do not know what you are hinting at with this post, but you need to clarify your point and I bet, the answer still applies,, who gives a rats ass....

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a troll. I think any fleet purpose cheapens the brand/model. And that affects my resale value. I don't have a problem with cops but I do have a problem with seeing gobs of highway patrol driving Tahoes and busting speeders. It is nothing more than a money grab.

That's why you buy an Escalade or a Navigator.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please keep it civil in here. Remember there are officers on this board too.

Personally I think this is a silly thread but don't care as long as things don't get out of hand. If they do this is getting shut down fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo