HOLES IN ROOF, How many do you Have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
I have two radio NMO mounts which I kept for ham and GMRS antennas. There was also an access hole towards the front for the lightbar cables. That was plugged and siliconed.
They did a decent job with that one but it was ugly. I found a fake shark fin stick on antenna on ebay for about four bucks and used that to cover it. Looks pretty factory now. It's been on there almost two years and no problems.
If you have the NMO mounts with no antennas still on the roof, order the TRAM NMO rain caps. They are cheap on ebay. They have the rubber o-ring so it seals it up tight and looks professional. They also sell them in ham radio shops if one is local.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never even paid much attention to my roof until I read your thread, great topic.

I actually just have one hole in my roof, oriented more towards the passenger side above the front passengers left shoulder. I assume it was for a 800mHz antenna, but not 100% sure. Glad to know I had a 'slick top' truck (less holes). It appears the hole was drilled at a size for an appropriate hard rubber plug, that is sealed in place. No worries, whew!

OP
OP
2011SSVHOE

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
That hole is most likely for the light bar, open up your doors stand on the running board, look behind the rubber seal in the rain gutter, there should be two holes on each side which held the light bar.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When we down fit our FD Suburbans, they will have 10 holes in the roof from antennas and the light bar mountings. Additionally, there will be holes in the fenders, tail gate doors and rear bumper cover.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
When we down fit our FD Suburbans, they will have 10 holes in the roof from antennas and the light bar mountings. Additionally, there will be holes in the fenders, tail gate doors and rear bumper cover.
So if you take a three inch hose and fill the truck with water you would basically have a large lawn sprinkler?

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wrapping the roof would be a great way to seal/cover it up. Would be easy on black anyway. Might look good in a matte finish.

DylanSSV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I haven't decided on a color for the vinyl yet. I am still leaning towards a gloss white vinyl so it keeps everything well hidden.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick