HOLES IN ROOF, How many do you Have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14PPVHOE

Reaction score
Thanks Cobra - Going to try those plugs. Looks like
a nice assortment:

2 in roof ( currently stuffed with silicone )
1 small one on dash ( former light switch )
1 x 3/4" in inner liftgate panel

P2230727.JPG

Last edited:

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Cobra - Going to try those plugs. Looks like
a nice assortment:

2 in roof ( currently stuffed with silicone )
1 small one on dash ( former light switch )
1 x 3/4" in inner liftgate panel

Glad to help. I put a tiny ring of silicon around the hole then, then installed these making sure that no silicone spilled outside of the plug. They install cleanly and blend into the body.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have two, well technically there are two (and there were the ones, factory, for the luggage rack.

One I re-used for putting a GPS antenna in, used a brass ring/nut with an o-ring and a cap to seal it (drilled a hole in the cap for the wire. Sealed it up, and put a shark fine over it. The other hole I re-used for a CB/Ham radio setup with one of those Motorola mounts .. when not using it, I put a (Motorola low profile) rain cap on it.

The factory luggage rack holes, I put to use by installing a luggage rack. The OEM dealer one is almost $900 in parts, a salvage yard one, compete was $150 plus a few bucks for the riv nuts (the factory riv-nuts actually have a sealant on the outside, and the bolts to be used do too)and a tool to install them properly.

I have the impression that nothing much was done after it came from the factory. I only found one spot where 3 wires were cut, in one harness that was spliced into the distribution box, near the brake pedal) Looks like they were for some sort of radio. I found that when hooking the speed sensor up to the GM Navigation Radio

We had just a little rain/snow around here, but I think I fixed it properly.

Ron

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3, 2 antennas, and one lightbar wire hole. NJSP is lazy and instead of doing their antennas down the middle they just mount them on each side. Reusing the two antenna holes for my own antennas so all worked out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu