HOLES IN ROOF, How many do you Have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Last week we had over 5 inches of rain here in NC, So last week I noticed that my passenger seat was wet, I seen it wet before but didn't think much about it . But on Monday morning I got in the Hoe and noticed water dripping in around the shoulder belt on the right side B pillar. got home from work that day and luckily it was just misting so I put some clear silicone over the plug where the light bar had been.
I puuled up the rocker panel trim and found out that the Jute was soaked. I stuck a towel under the padding front and rear to absorb the water. Tuesday I got home and decided to get out the shop vac, well after a half hour I had sucked out over a quart of water. I stuck the exhaust hose in there to ventilate the jute , took all week to dry her out.
Saturday I got up and decided to give the Hoe a dushe, took over an hour and a half to clean the ***** up. But I noticed after that , there was still water coming in .

So I got my ladder out and removed the silicone and the so called plug. lets take a look
IMG_2161.JPG

I don't think that plug would keep a drop of water out of anything , that's a plug for a interior or some other use, not for keeping water out. I went to the hardware store and got a few Caplugs a far better design it shoud really have a solid rubber grommet.

IMG_2160.JPG

What a mess just because some idiot was too lazy or cheap to use the right stuff.

IMG_2168.JPG

any how all is good now. Just check your body plugs!!

Oh yea I have only 3, how many do you have?

Samuraj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 on the roof
2 on pass floor
6 on tailgate
8 on rear view mirrors
1 on wipers cowl
This is it ....

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol i was lucky i had 2 only and the first thing i did when I bought my tahoe was to go buy sheet metal and find the closest welder and now i have zero holes no plastic caps or silicone on my roof , it took me 140 dollars canadian and half a day for a worry free ownership

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had two holes in the roof of our Tahoe. I got some stubby radio antennas and replaced the plastic plugs with those. They have an o-ring seal, and seal up much better than those cheesy plastic plugs.

I did that for now, because I didn't want to have to tear out the headliner to get the spots plug welded and painted, for now.

I did the same thing on our Caprice. It had several more holes, 5 of which were plugged. I got some antenna take-offs from a friend who worked for an agency. For the large hole where the light bar harness went through the car, I installed a GPS antenna. We now call the Caprice 'the porcupine'. :)

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have those plastic plugs in my tailgate from where SHP had LED's. I pulled them out and put silicon around them, at least until I figure out another solution (I thought about buying a good tailgate from a salvage Tahoe). I might need to check the two roof holes now that you mention it.

The only water issue I've found so far, the driver's side passenger door had a lot of water in it.....I heard it sloshing around when I had to hit the brakes pretty hard. Haven't had a chance to look for a source yet....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins