Handling 101

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
nope billet top mount and adjustable bottom so spring tension is not changed

Will have adjustable lower mount /compression and rebound up top adjustable and billet mount like my tbss ones

kbeenew.jpg

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill be releasing coilovers prob end of the summer. same set up I helped design for the tbss and been working great for over 6 years.

That would be awesome. I've got a bc racing coilovers on my GTO and they were only $999. Vs. a couple of grand for a pedders kit.
The coilovers are not perfect with my low profile 19s but I shold be able to get some ride quality by going back to 18s.
I guess the thing I am struggling with is should I even try to make a 5500 lb truck corner well. And if I do will I lose some of the attributes that makes a tahoe such a comfortable vehicle?
I am going for the PPV look with aluminum 17s or 18s to keep the wheels as light as possible. 265/60r17 or 275/60r17 Goodyear RSAs or equivalent.
3rd row seats, spare tire, steps, roof rack will be removed for weight.
It will have the K5L heavy duty towing package with the 3.42 rearend.
2/3 drop. Plus whatever drop I get from using smaller diameter tires.
Am I going to have a noticeably more capable truck?

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My coilovers just like my 6" drop spring I designed will ride nice.

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My coilovers just like my 6" drop spring I designed will ride nice.

That's the great thing about coilovers, your height setting doesn't effect ride quality. Do you have an idea how much stiffer the spring rates will be vs. stock?
I don't mind a stiffer spring.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
spring rate will be stiffer buttt due to the fact its compression/rebound adjustable will ride soft like stock or stiffer if you want.

There are a few things im working on these trucks that are my own design just need to do more testing on my truck before I drop the hammer on it.

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
spring rate will be stiffer buttt due to the fact its compression/rebound adjustable will ride soft like stock or stiffer if you want.

There are a few things im working on these trucks that are my own design just need to do more testing on my truck before I drop the hammer on it.

Are you happy with the handling of your truck or did you lower it to get rid of the crazy gap GM engineered in (for some reason)?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are you happy with the handling of your truck or did you lower it to get rid of the crazy gap GM engineered in (for some reason)?

Im happy with mine but I feel changing out the spring/shock to a adjustable coilover unit will always increase performance just like it did on the Trailblazer SS units.