Handling 101

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So this is stuff I know little to nothing about, and I'm trying to educate myself, so perhaps you guys can help me out?

I've been told, and it's been recommended to me by other Escalade owners, that I would really benefit from switching my factory from/rear sway bars with a set from Hotchkis. In fact D3 Tuning uses Hotchkis kits on their vehicles. So far as I understand it this would help with the truck's body roll when cornering.

Furthermore I've been reading about the benefits of adding a Spohn Panhard bar to the rear of the truck. So far as I understand it, this helps further reduce sideways suspension travel.

Do I have the correct understanding of what these components aim to achieve?

And if so, in what ways can I expect my truck to ride differently compared to stock, should I install all these parts simultaneously?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Oh, another question ... if I install the hotchkis sway bars, if I ever decided to do a 2-3/4 drop, would I still need the recommended rear djm endlink kit?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have been contemplating the Hotchkis kit as well. Hotchkis keeps telling us that we will be more than happy, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been contemplating the Hotchkis kit as well. Hotchkis keeps telling us that we will be more than happy, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Well, I actually just purchased one:

$(KGrHqFHJEIFENq)3sLnBRER)w8MR!~~60_57.jpg

I guess I'm trying to figure out what happens if I also add the panhard.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could result with in a very stiff good cornering low roll and a more car handle ing feel in your corners.

A little bit of drop like 1/2 or 2/3 wouldn't hurt either

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I certainly don't want the ride to be too harsh.

So I think for now the new sway bars will just affect body roll and leave the Escalade suspension characteristics alone. I'm thinking holding off on the panhard.

We'll see. :)

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you go with the drop kit on these trucks they tend to push the axle to the right a little. The adjustable panhard bar will push it back to the left. It also gives the rear of the vehicle a "planted" feel.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you go with the drop kit on these trucks they tend to push the axle to the right a little. The adjustable panhard bar will push it back to the left. It also gives the rear of the vehicle a "planted" feel.

Could not have said it better.

By the time my Suburban is done.... it will be a 1/1.5 drop.

Very modest ..... looks great.....

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
I have these on my truck but as an adult who drives like a normal person I probably wouldn't want them because it is my belief it makes the ride more harsh because if one side hits a bump it seems to rock the truck more than if it were on stock sway bars because of the stiffness.

For instance if you were on stock flimsy sways and your driver side hit a bump it would soak it up and the truck wouldn't rock BUT if you have upgraded sways the drivers side hitting a bump will rock the truck because of how stiff the sway bars are it causes them to push against the other side of the truck.

However in corners obviously they are badass.

I hope you guys can understand what I mean. Basically I mean that the suspension can't flex like normal.
In short GM makes the sways weak on purpose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019