Handling 101

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes this would be a bolt in deal like the pic above for the Trailblazer SS but they will run about 700-750 shipped for the fronts.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Yes this would be a bolt in deal like the pic above for the Trailblazer SS but they will run about 700-750 shipped for the fronts.

Oh I was thinking rear.
Are you making a real one?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i worked on the rear also for the tbss install will be the same as that unit but problem is the spring od will be close to the tire havent got that far yet rear is not hard to make. This was one unit for the tbss but the rear I was using the lowered oem bags with these coilovers

KBEEREAR.jpg

or i can just set the doubles up and slap them in.

Attachments

• qa1.jpg
    qa1.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i worked on the rear also for the tbss install will be the same as that unit but problem is the spring od will be close to the tire havent got that far yet rear is not hard to make. This was one unit for the tbss but the rear I was using the lowered oem bags with these coilovers

KBEEREAR.jpg

or i can just set the doubles up and slap them in.

I'm assuming that you will do a stiffer spring due to the tahoes extra weight. In the GTO community they have different coilovers for cars with supercharger to compensate for that extra 120lbs or so up front.

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

Tony ...... this eliminates the front strut setup altogether.....yes?

Coilovers are transformational. You will not believe that you get the ability to set ride height AND set your preferences.
My GTO used to corner worse than my fe1 base cadillac cts on 17s and all seasons. Now it's not even close. And didn't have to do sway bars, bushes or anything else.
My other option was pedders or lovells and I would have spent $2500 with pedders and had worse ride quality and morè road noise.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Om a side note ...

Although I ordered the Hotchkis 2291 front/rear kit (http://www.hotchkis.net/07_gm_1500_suv_sport_sway_bar_set.html), I decided against installing it. So As soon as I receive it in a few days I'll be putting it up in the 'for sale' section.

One of the main issues I have with these trucks is the amount of 'ass hop' I already get if I'm turning at speed and there's a rut on the pavement ... the back will literally jump sideways on the crappy DC area roads. From what I understand from the feedback on this thread, the thicker/stiffer sway bars will only worsen this effect.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Om a side note ...

Although I ordered the Hotchkis 2291 front/rear kit (http://www.hotchkis.net/07_gm_1500_suv_sport_sway_bar_set.html), I decided against installing it. So As soon as I receive it in a few days I'll be putting it up in the 'for sale' section.

One of the main issues I have with these trucks is the amount of 'ass hop' I already get if I'm turning at speed and there's a rut on the pavement ... the back will literally jump sideways on the crappy DC area roads. From what I understand from the feedback on this thread, the thicker/stiffer sway bars will only worsen this effect.

Why don't you just return it?

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serge..... you could install it and run it for a little while, then sell it if you hate it that much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan