Handling 101

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do you know what they did to cause the links to strip.

There are a lot of peoples trucks ive gone over from this forum. The shop didnt know anything about seeting the links since back of the truck sat high. They just pulled them off (top cap) which lowers the air completly out of the bags but rides horrible and has a service suspension system light also putting 5305s in because doing the front strut mod and no way the pedders will bring it close to what he needs they just pulled the rods out and the bottom cap is the only thing thats on it no top caps.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Well, I'm not much of a doityourselfer. :)

But if I decide to buy the springs from you can I also purchase a set of modified links from you at that time?

Will I still need shock extenders, DJM links, panhard, for such a small drop?

for 1.5 drop you will be fine. Before you do anything i always have the customer measure from ground to fenderlip on level ground so I set him/her up the right way.

What does your truck measure right now?

Last edited:

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
There are a lot of peoples trucks ive gone over from this forum. The shop didnt know anything about seeting the links since back of the truck sat high. They just pulled them off (top cap) which lowers the air completly out of the bags but rides horrible and has a service suspension system light also putting 5305s in because doing the front strut mod and no way the pedders will bring it close to what he needs they just pulled the rods out and the bottom cap is the only thing thats on it no top caps.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

for 1.5 drop you will be fine. Before you do anything i always have the customer measure from ground to fenderlip on level ground so I set him/her up the right way.

What does your truck measure right now?

Wait what's that comment about pedders?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
his pedders springs sit to high. He said his front is at 34.5 and rear is at 35.5 and hears compressor come on a little on start up so its filling just a tad.

Im doing the front to 33.75 with my strut mod and the 5305s sit at 34.5 on my truck with air inside the shock and rides better. Im sure if i put the links back in and his truck came up a little would ride better but then would sit up to high for his autoride truck.

Once you pull those rods out changes valving of rear shocks and almost no air in shocks just bounces.

5305 belltech on autoride is nice. I tried the pedders in and my truck sat at over 36 in rear thats why i cut mine and then sodl them after didin;t sit low enough for me posted this up on my write up I think.

As my 6" drop springs ride good I will be coming out with my own 4 inch drop springs for these trucks which will be also adjsutable to 3 inches. Just like my 6" drop springs these 4 will ride great and will not be progressive because as my 6" drop springs shows we don't need a progressive rate spring IF the spring rate/height is right. Ill be playing with a few different heights/rates but after all is said and done I will try have the best riding 3-4 inch rear springs for these trucks for both autoride and non autoride and will be tested from members on this board on different trucks to get full feedback as the 6" springs I have now :)

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score

This place is not an English course, but that lack of punctuation makes posts just annoying to read.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Who is running pedders I missed that...?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALCLSC1989