Sway bar options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
When I did my rear springs, at same time as the sway bar kits, I replaced them with the Moog 81069 springs. IMO, I like it stiffer but has softened a bit since new because I corner very hard at all times. The feeling is very satisfying.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After driving around with the new bars it is very much a different vehicle. It's body roll is significantly less and going around the corners is a lot more fun. I think it might be just a bit on the firm side. I think most of that is the new springs all the way around which will hopefully soften up a bit as I get more miles on it.

I ran across the installation instructions for my Nolathane bars yesterday and saw that they had a pic of a rear bar showing three holes in it with firmest to softest settings. Did you have this with yours? Now I'm wondering if the Nolathanes really are re-boxed Hellwigs without the end links and the "medium" and "soft" holes chopped off.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Hellwig rear sway bars have 3 holes in them as well.

From what I see at the Nolathane web site, they make both single hole and 3 hole rear sway bars.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Hellwig rear sway bars have 3 holes in them as well.

From what I see at the Nolathane web site, they make both single hole and 3 hole rear sway bars.

I was comparing Hellwig's and Nolathane's instruction PDFs last night. They're certainly different. I didn't know Nolathane offered both. So that explains it- they must use the three hole instructions for both versions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork