FS: OEM electric fan harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bumping this thread again because I picked up two more of these harnesses yesterday. Just need to clean them up, test them, and re-wrap them in new wire loom and they will be ready to ship out. $110 shipped.

lincbelt5150

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bumping this thread again because I picked up two more of these harnesses yesterday. Just need to clean them up, test them, and re-wrap them in new wire loom and they will be ready to ship out. $110 shipped.
Summer is here! I need to get this squared away.. will PM ya shortly..

Linc

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Isaiah W

Reaction score
Why upgrade to the e-fans? I'm sure it's out there, I just can't find it :/

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why upgrade to the e-fans? I'm sure it's out there, I just can't find it :/
Several reasons:
-MUCH better cooling at idle and at slow speeds like creeping through a parking lot or stuck in heavy traffic.
-MUCH better AC performance. I've noticed that my AC blows a lot colder since I added the Electric fans, especially at slow speeds. The AC used to actually blow cool instead of cold when sitting still or driving under 10mph, now it's always cold.
-Increased Horsepower because of less drag on the engine crank from the clutch fan. Now I personally have not noticed any improvement in my truck as far as more horsepower, at least bit enough that I can FEEL a difference, but many others who tested their vehicles on a Dyno, show HP increases after swapping to electric fans. Just do a Google search, and you will see.
There is a reason that GM decided to install electric fans at the factory on all 05+ half ton trucks instead of clutch fans. Mostly because of the benefits I mentioned above.

Isaiah W

Reaction score
Several reasons:
-MUCH better cooling at idle and at slow speeds like creeping through a parking lot or stuck in heavy traffic.
-MUCH better AC performance. I've noticed that my AC blows a lot colder since I added the Electric fans, especially at slow speeds. The AC used to actually blow cool instead of cold when sitting still or driving under 10mph, now it's always cold.
-Increased Horsepower because of less drag on the engine crank from the clutch fan. Now I personally have not noticed any improvement in my truck as far as more horsepower, at least bit enough that I can FEEL a difference, but many others who tested their vehicles on a Dyno, show HP increases after swapping to electric fans. Just do a Google search, and you will see.
There is a reason that GM decided to install electric fans at the factory on all 05+ half ton trucks instead of clutch fans. Mostly because of the benefits I mentioned above.
So what should I look for at the junkyard, do I buy the whole fan assembly? I looked on car-part.com and most fan assemblies are $20, the aftermarket harness and ECU flash seem to be the expensive part

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what should I look for at the junkyard, do I buy the whole fan assembly? I looked on car-part.com and most fan assemblies are $20, the aftermarket harness and ECU flash seem to be the expensive part
This is @ScottyBoy for sale thread. I'm not sure he would be willing to show you how to circumvent his process or he's better than me.. As an owner of one of his harnesses you can't beat what he is offering. He does all the work, put a lil coin in the mans pocket for his hard work and buy one from him. I've tested mine already in 100degree Texas heat idling for about 45 minutes trying to leave a graduation ceremony. A.c. nice and cold.. Everything about the factory harness is better than aftermarket and I have no regrets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Isaiah W

Reaction score
This is @ScottyBoy for sale thread. I'm not sure he would be willing to show you how to circumvent his process or he's better than me.. As an owner of one of his harnesses you can't beat what he is offering. He does all the work, put a lil coin in the mans pocket for his hard work and buy one from him. I've tested mine already in 100degree Texas heat idling for about 45 minutes trying to leave a graduation ceremony. A.c. nice and cold.. Everything about the factory harness is better than aftermarket and I have no regrets.

I'm not trying to circumvent his process, I'm just trying to figure out what parts I need to get in addition to his harness.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to circumvent his process, I'm just trying to figure out what parts I need to get in addition to his harness.
I think I misunderstood what you were asking... You just need the cooling fan assembly. You can buy them at a junkyard or new from places like Rockauto. I did both and prefer the new Dorman unit from rockauto. You tell scottyboy what year vehicle and he can put the harness together for you. I think I added an A.c. wire tap for mine since it is pre 03.

You may need an alternator upgrade or some have done a pulley swap to keep voltage up. I have a bigger 270a alternator for the extra current draw.

YukonDon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think I misunderstood what you were asking... You just need the cooling fan assembly. You can buy them at a junkyard or new from places like Rockauto. I did both and prefer the new Dorman unit from rockauto. You tell scottyboy what year vehicle and he can put the harness together for you. I think I added an A.c. wire tap for mine since it is pre 03.

You may need an alternator upgrade or some have done a pulley swap to keep voltage up. I have a bigger 270a alternator for the extra current draw.

YukonDon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Several reasons:

Any harnesses available at the moment? 2002 Yukon Denali

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727

Latest posts