FS: OEM electric fan harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01subCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mite be interested in one of your harnesses.ive got an 01 suburbun so i guess ill need the ac relay.just wondering if you send with any instructions.i no its pretty straightforward but always nice to get info from someone who did it before.im basically wondering bout the computer inputs i have an hp tuner and will get the tuning side done.just wanna be sure on wires

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mite be interested in one of your harnesses.ive got an 01 suburbun so i guess ill need the ac relay.just wondering if you send with any instructions.i no its pretty straightforward but always nice to get info from someone who did it before.im basically wondering bout the computer inputs i have an hp tuner and will get the tuning side done.just wanna be sure on wires

My Suburban is a 2001 as well, so I'm sure that I can guide you through any install questions that you might have. I don't include instructions, but I do label each wire so that's as close to instructions as you can get. I did do a pretty detailed write up when I installed my Efans and harness back in 2011. Click here: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/i-installed-e-fans-on-my-2001.28336/
In that thread, I explained how to wire up that extra relay that is needed to tie into the AC compressor wire on the 00-02 trucks, but if I pre-wire the relay into the harness for you before I ship it out, then all you need to do is connect the trigger wire to the AC compressor wire.
As far as the computer tuning and all, I am not a tuner so I can't say too much on that. I do know that it needs to be tuned to have the pin turned on. I have a Blackbear Performance tune and they turned on pin 42 in the computer which is the temperature trigger pin, and the AC pin is just connected to the compressor. I've been told by people over on PerformanceTrucks forums that if you are using HP Tuners, you can update the entire operating system or something like that to the 04 software and you can use two pins just like the 03-06 trucks. I'm not sure how the hell that even works since the 99-02 trucks don't even have an AC pressure switch connected to the computer like the 03+ trucks do. Regardless, like I said I did it the easy way just like many others do and just connected to the AC compressor wire and it's worked fine for me ever since the summer of 2011. This is my daily driver, so the fans get a lot of use and I have have ZERO problems with my fans in these last 8 years of brutal Louisiana summers.

01subCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perfect thank you for the links they will be a big help.i already have the fans.im gonna double check that they work because they were in the truck before but with some half ass wiring.hopefully they didn't get screwed up.ill be in touch as soon as I can should be a great upgrade!!thank you very much

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perfect thank you for the links they will be a big help.i already have the fans.im gonna double check that they work because they were in the truck before but with some half ass wiring.hopefully they didn't get screwed up.ill be in touch as soon as I can should be a great upgrade!!thank you very much

If you already have some pigtails on the fans, then you can just touch the wires straight to the battery to test the fans. If you don't have any pigtails, then get two pieces of 10 or 12 gauge wire and connect them to the battery. And CAREFULLY touch the ends of the wires to the two pins on the fan motor to see if it comes on. Just be careful not to short the wires together, especially when touching them to the pins on the fan motors.
Whenever I buy E-fans from the junkyard, I test them by connecting the fan motor to the battery on my cordless DeWalt impact, and that works great to test the fans.

01subCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I still have some of the wiring on them they been sitting in the garage for a while gonna dig them out.the cordless battery's is a cool tool for electrical testing I've used it before to

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey @ScottyBoy, I sent you a PM last week but not sure if you saw it, Looking to do this swap on my 02 Tahoe.

Thanks, Justin

I haven't been online in at least a week or so, sorry for the late reply. But I am completely sold out of harnesses right now. I will update this thread if and when I come across any more. :Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518