Fan rumble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phottomatt

Reaction score
I replaced the cabin air filter and now the fan rumbles, rear fan is fine but the front fan is bad. On lowest speed it's bearable but on high it's really loud. I tried to look down in where the filter goes but can't see much. There was some debris when I took out the old filter, I'm assuming something fell down in but I know what leafs sound like and I don't think that's it. Sounds like a loose flange or maybe insulation. Any thoughts?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take the cabin filter out and insert a radiator attachment to your shop vac and stick it up into the cabin filter hole. There should be enough suction to pull anything that is floating around in there out. At least, then you can eliminate this potential cause from your diagnostics.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue years back and you probably have some debris I'm there like you speculate. A little bit can throw off the balance and make all kinds of noise.

Do as @Geotrash suggested. You can also couple that with some compressed air at the same time to maybe dislodge and the suck up the offending bugger

OP
OP
phottomatt

phottomatt

Reaction score
BTW which way is the air flow? LOL I stuck my hand in there while it was running (not my proudest moment) seems the air flow is down, I ask because the filter I got has an air flow arrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019