Front & Rear Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malones99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi group!

Wondering if anyone has done front and rear brakes, I've got 50,000 and they are due. Dealer wants over $400 to do them. I am willing to buy OEM, just want to know how difficult. I did them all the time on my 99 Sub, disk front, drum rear.

I am thinking these are much easier. Any help or advice would be appreciated!

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer wants only $400 to supply & install front and rear brakes? That's a low total if talking about OEM replacement.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyway, if you did them before, its all the same.....discs are faster and easier imo... especially if your just pad slappin'...rotors will take another few minutes because you have to unbolt the caliper bracket....but then youve done them before so you know how it goes...oem is fine or upgrade to drilled, drilled snd slotted, better pads.... imo you are gonna pay more at dealer for oem stuff than buying 'upgraded' parts in a kit online or at your local autoparts store. Basically, how much are you looking to spend.... labor is your time.....your call

OP
OP
malones99

malones99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys! Rotors are fine, just swapping front and rear pads. Are the pads the same across the trim levels and driveline type? I have a 4x4 with the 3.42 rearend (tow package).

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call your local dealer, give them the last eight of your VIN number and they will let you know the part number. Take that part number and do a Google search to get the best price, plus no tax and maybe free shipping. Good luck.

Blanch44

Reaction score
Just put Heavy Duty Truck and Tow Power Stop Drilled and Slotted Rotors and pads on my Fronts . Got them from 4wheelparts.com $184 plus free Shipping . They had a promotion 25% off regular price was $ 245 . Not sure if it is still going on . They work great very smooth stopping . Plus look good .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grooter8824

Latest posts