Front & Rear Brakes

Discussion in 'Engine & Drivetrain' started by malones99, Jun 18, 2017 at 1:26 AM.

1. malones99

malones99 Full Access Member

Name:
    Mark
    Hi group!

Wondering if anyone has done front and rear brakes, I've got 50,000 and they are due. Dealer wants over $400 to do them. I am willing to buy OEM, just want to know how difficult. I did them all the time on my 99 Sub, disk front, drum rear.

I am thinking these are much easier. Any help or advice would be appreciated!

2. 08HoeCD

08HoeCD Resto-mod aficionado

Name:
    DJ
    Dealer wants only $400 to supply & install front and rear brakes? That's a low total if talking about OEM replacement.

3. HiHoeSilver

HiHoeSilver Away!

Name:
    Nate
    That's gotta be just labor...

4. Galante

Galante Elite Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Pete
    Anyway, if you did them before, its all the same.....discs are faster and easier imo... especially if your just pad slappin'...rotors will take another few minutes because you have to unbolt the caliper bracket....but then youve done them before so you know how it goes...oem is fine or upgrade to drilled, drilled snd slotted, better pads.... imo you are gonna pay more at dealer for oem stuff than buying 'upgraded' parts in a kit online or at your local autoparts store. Basically, how much are you looking to spend.... labor is your time.....your call

08HoeCD likes this.
  5. malones99

malones99 Full Access Member

Name:
    Mark
    Thanks, guys! Rotors are fine, just swapping front and rear pads. Are the pads the same across the trim levels and driveline type? I have a 4x4 with the 3.42 rearend (tow package).

6. Tahoe14

Tahoe14 Full Access Member

Name:
    Gary
    Call your local dealer, give them the last eight of your VIN number and they will let you know the part number. Take that part number and do a Google search to get the best price, plus no tax and maybe free shipping. Good luck.

Miami-Dade and Galante like this.
  7. Galante

Galante Elite Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Pete
    ^^this