2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, duh

That harness was ******. This will probably fix all of the issues you were having

Hopefully, I’ll be pretty mad if it doesn’t. I’ve had so many small electrical gremlins with this thing over the years. Makes me want to buy a carb on it and delete all electronics

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bit of a mopho pulling the Efan harness out of the harness on my RCSB. Looks in great condition tho and I made it a little over with some wrap and tape. I’m thinking that possibly the issues I had all came because of where the PO grounded the harness he installed.

The one I removed off the Tahoe had a crappy ground placed on the driver side of the accessory bracket where the positive junction thing is mounted.

The one on my RCSB which is an 05 so factory fans was grounded way over in the pass side down by the front body mount.

I wonder if being grounded at the engine instead of frame is an issue. I’ll try to install it in a similar place when I get home today.

Attachments

• IMG_2008.jpeg
    IMG_2008.jpeg
    393.2 KB · Views: 3

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bit of a mopho pulling the Efan harness out of the harness on my RCSB. Looks in great condition tho and I made it a little over with some wrap and tape. I’m thinking that possibly the issues I had all came because of where the PO grounded the harness he installed.

The one I removed off the Tahoe had a crappy ground placed on the driver side of the accessory bracket where the positive junction thing is mounted.

The one on my RCSB which is an 05 so factory fans was grounded way over in the pass side down by the front body mount.

I wonder if being grounded at the engine instead of frame is an issue. I’ll try to install it in a similar place when I get home today.
Deets on that 95-96 truck?

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deets on that 95-96 truck?
Go check out my thread

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the harness, all seems good for the 5mins I let it idle. Both fans kicked right on with AC on blast and no engine lights.

Another thing I think I need to replace is the turn signal doodad. When I hit the turn signal right it flashes the brights on. They easy to do?

Attachments

• IMG_2014.jpeg
    IMG_2014.jpeg
    701.6 KB · Views: 2

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Installed the harness, all seems good for the 5mins I let it idle. Both fans kicked right on with AC on blast and no engine lights.

Another thing I think I need to replace is the turn signal doodad. When I hit the turn signal right it flashes the brights on. They easy to do?
I'm having the exact same issue with my blinker switch.