2017 Yukon XL Denali rear MRC/Z95 air shock replacement: Does OEM shock have connector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NukeThemTillTheyG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2017 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4WD 6.2L with Z95, approx 97K miles. Rear shocks show signs of leaking, air compressor running a lot...took to dealer and they confirmed they are done and need replaced. We had the front shocks replaced at Thanksgiving due to harsh ride, etc. and I decided to keep MRC and go with OEM GM Z95 shocks up front and now again in the rear. Due to time constraits at work and travel to family Thanksgiving, deal er agreed to install for me, but the shocks didn't have connectors on them, they had to pull old connectors off, reinstall pins, etc and they were confused as they claimed when they get them themselves the connectors are already on. Same GM #.

So here I am, having to replace rears now 4 months later. Thinking of saving the money and just doing it myself. I had replaced the MRC shocks front and back on 2011 Suburban years ago, but went with non-MRC replacement shocks so didn't have to deal with connectors or OEM parts (used Arnott). On the GM OEM rear MRC shocks, part # 84176675, do they come with connectors installed and ready to go or would I/dealer need to do the same swap of old to new again?

PS. Bought the rear shocks just now from Rock auto, used discount code from rockauto thread and saved $40. Still $840, but thats better than dealer charging something like $1,300 just in parts.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2017 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4WD 6.2L with Z95, approx 97K miles. Rear shocks show signs of leaking, air compressor running a lot...took to dealer and they confirmed they are done and need replaced. We had the front shocks replaced at Thanksgiving due to harsh ride, etc. and I decided to keep MRC and go with OEM GM Z95 shocks up front and now again in the rear. Due to time constraits at work and travel to family Thanksgiving, deal er agreed to install for me, but the shocks didn't have connectors on them, they had to pull old connectors off, reinstall pins, etc and they were confused as they claimed when they get them themselves the connectors are already on. Same GM #.

So here I am, having to replace rears now 4 months later. Thinking of saving the money and just doing it myself. I had replaced the MRC shocks front and back on 2011 Suburban years ago, but went with non-MRC replacement shocks so didn't have to deal with connectors or OEM parts (used Arnott). On the GM OEM rear MRC shocks, part # 84176675, do they come with connectors installed and ready to go or would I/dealer need to do the same swap of old to new again?

PS. Bought the rear shocks just now from Rock auto, used discount code from rockauto thread and saved $40. Still $840, but thats better than dealer charging something like $1,300 just in parts.
What shocks did you buy from RockAuto?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar