found New keys!! MAXX Cam 2 Leveling Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerky Arm Ape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some really good information here that clears up the misconception about indexed keys and lift keys.

Also read elsewhere that there really is no true 4 inch kit. They are all technically 6. Is this correct?

The Rancho 4 is just advertised as such. Its 4 from crank. 6 from stock.

I was actually under the impression that there is no true 6" lift kit, just a 4" with add-a-leafs and some cranking to raise it to 6".

To me, for a lift to be true to the advertised inch amount, it needs to lift te vehicle that amount while retaining the stock torsion preload and control arm geometry.

Either way I have never had a 4" or 6" lift so I can't give facts, just opinion.
And my opinion is only worth what you paid for it

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great example: Rough country sells both a 4" & 6" lift. The difference basically is an AAL, hence the minimal cost difference. The differential drop brackets (which is what allows the front suspension to basically retain geometry similar to stock) drop approximately 5.125" (5 1/8"). Then you can crank up a little for 6+" or de-crank for about 4". it is minimal crank to hit 6". Lots of guys are running the Rough Country and a body lift and 37" tires.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great example: Rough country sells both a 4" & 6" lift. The difference basically is an AAL, hence the minimal cost difference. The differential drop brackets (which is what allows the front suspension to basically retain geometry similar to stock) drop approximately 5.125" (5 1/8"). Then you can crank up a little for 6+" or de-crank for about 4". it is minimal crank to hit 6". Lots of guys are running the Rough Country and a body lift and 37" tires.

Stupid question

Aal?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I make my own center bolts out of 3/8" shoulder bolts. Grade 8. Had much more luck that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bell45