New Tahoe/Yukon project recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

DMLJR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I had a Rough Country 3.5" lift installed and also replaced the air and electric suspension with New Bilstein 5100's and new Moog Springs (for an LT/Z71) for all four corners. The truck ended up being a little higher than what I planned on or wanted, but I can live with it, and I was told it might lower a tad when the new springs get a few hundred miles on them, IDK though.
Next, after testing the suspension travel and clearance with my current tires, I decided to get BFG T/A KO2's and 17" wheels put on this coming week. I decided to go with 285/75 R17 (33.9"x11.2") and wheels with a 0 mm offset, to get the tires away from the upper control arm at full turn and make room for tire chains. I will need to do a little trimming in the wheel well but I think maybe only plastic. I'll see later this week. After the new tires, I should still have about 1/2" clearance between the roof rack and the garage door. :p

Here is a pic with the lift and new suspension, before the new tires and wheels (and trimming). The current tires are about 31.5":

Attachments

• Pic C.jpg
    Pic C.jpg
    534.4 KB · Views: 9

Justinthewoods

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I had a Rough Country 3.5" lift installed and also replaced the air and electric suspension with New Bilstein 5100's and new Moog Springs (for an LT/Z71) for all four corners. The truck ended up being a little higher than what I planned on or wanted, but I can live with it, and I was told it might lower a tad when the new springs get a few hundred miles on them, IDK though.
Next, after testing the suspension travel and clearance with my current tires, I decided to get BFG T/A KO2's and 17" wheels put on this coming week. I decided to go with 285/75 R17 (33.9"x11.2") and wheels with a 0 mm offset, to get the tires away from the upper control arm at full turn and make room for tire chains. I will need to do a little trimming in the wheel well but I think maybe only plastic. I'll see later this week. After the new tires, I should still have about 1/2" clearance between the roof rack and the garage door. :p

Here is a pic with the lift and new suspension, before the new tires and wheels (and trimming). The current tires are about 31.5":
Please update pics with new wheels and tires! It looks great so far! How is the ride with the lift compared to stock?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo