Tahoe Customization and Hybrid Resurrection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. I see it took a while for you to open up on the forum.

How's the heat treating you? Since you live in Frisco, you must be used to it. My girl is in Grapevine right now with her daughter and since she is from Oregon, she is not used to the heat anymore. She did live there years ago and the daughter still lives there.

IMG_20230611_202432.jpg

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Hybrid is a highly underestimated SUV, as its engineering was slightly ahead of its time. These vehicles are built like tanks, equipped with the powerful 6.0 engine, and don't suffer from the common issues found in the 3rd and 4th gears of the 4L60-E transmission. Instead, they feature a modified version of the Diesel Duramax Allison Transmission, making them 4x4, which is an impressive engineering feat.

Unfortunately, the technology for batteries wasn't as advanced back then, resulting in these trucks receiving unfavorable reviews and struggling to gain popularity. However, my encounter with this Hybrid was purely by luck. I was searching for a black interior for my 07 5.3 Tahoe when I came across a post on Facebook. I contacted the seller about purchasing the seats and center console for $200. To my surprise, he offered me the entire truck for just $1,000. While initially hesitant due to financial constraints, I decided to take on the challenge.

The truck had been sitting idle for over 4 years, and according to dealership paperwork, it was deemed unusable and in need of a new engine and hybrid system. However, my expertise as a mechanic and access to the ALLDATA program allowed me to thoroughly research the issue. It turned out to be a safety sensor on the hybrid box causing the problem. With that resolved, the truck started up and ran perfectly. I eventually replaced the hybrid battery with a $3,000 lifetime warranty option that can be transferred to new owners.

Now, after almost a year of driving, I can confidently say that this Hybrid is the best Tahoe I have ever owned.

Of course despite its initial setbacks and underestimated reputation, this Hybrid Tahoe has proven to be a remarkable vehicle. Its resilience and unique features have captured my admiration, making it an unparalleled driving experience. With further modifications and some final adjustments, I believe this Hybrid will continue to exceed expectations on the road.

:2cents:"Why do I feel as if I just made the best damn review you will ever see about the Hybrid Tahoe.":2cents:

haha welcome and that is definitely the highest praise I've ever seen for a hybrid tahoe lol. I'm glad you were able to. trouble shoot it and replace the battery. you're correct that's about 90% of the problems with these things.

I'd love to see pics of the intake setup. I've considered ordering one of those for a while but on the fence and there seems to be a bit of a debate about which fits the hybrid best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar