Fosscore's 2013 Suburban LTZ Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
24s and a slammed WDT Suburban is not going to happen as much as I wish it would. And it would look killer!

Maybe 22s down the track, but for now she will roll the 20s and hopefully be more careful about her turning radius with the land yacht! :rolleyes:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
24s and a slammed WDT Suburban is not going to happen as much as I wish it would. And it would look killer!

Maybe 22s down the track, but for now she will roll the 20s and hopefully be more careful about her turning radius with the land yacht! :rolleyes:
Lol. Thats why my wife has the swb, our driveway is a sharp turn in an alley with a privacy fence, tree, and a shed up close, even hard for me but in the cc.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
23051 miles.

Dropped off the Suburban early this morning at my buddy's shop for an oil, lube, filter change and rotate and balance of the tires.
He uses Kendall GT-1 Dexos1 5W-30 Full Synthetic. All the tires were out of balance, so they got a good spin on the Roadforce Balancer.

They were slammed even when I dropped it off at 0715. I got it back around 1030. He pulled it out of the bay and backed it around in front of the shop for me to pay the invoice and head out. He is a good friend of nearly 10 years, dad has owned the shop since 1954. Local, family run shop, loyal customers, honest and straight forward work and pricing. He works on both trucks and many friends vehicles. Reliable and good work.

Today was not his day or mine either unfortunately. Must have been in a rush. I see him rubbing the rear bumper where he had just parked. I knew what happened immediately when I saw the handicap pole bent backwards a bit. Fuuugggghh....

Sure enough he backed into the only metal handicap pole he has in front of his shop. Even with the camera, he managed to tag it as the parking tie, the spacing to the sign and the land yacht spacing behind the tires were all too close. I waited for him to come inside and asked him how bad it was. He said bad. I asked him if it was f****ed up and he said yeah. We headed out to have a look.

I was pissed, but what could I do? He's a friend and he was pretty gutted about it of course. It sucks, but it could have been worse. First the curb rash and now the bumper though. sheesh...:smh:

We had a quick chat and he said he would pay for it, was of course really sorry. I said to him laughing as I left that he managed to damage the nicest truck in his shop.

There is a small vertical scuff on the chrome strip
(see picture 3). But you really have to be looking for it. Since it is plastic, I'm pretty sure that it will not buff out. I found one on Amazon for $30 shipped, but to be honest it really is not that bad unless you love your truck and hang out on the TYF too much.

It did not damage any of the black plastic bumper pad, but it did leave two scratches where that pole (you know the ones the DOT uses to attach signs that is sort of u-shaped with vertical holes) just below that chrome strip, but just on the edge of the bumper crease.

He said he would pay for it and gave me his body shop contact number. Lol...The same guy that I used to fix and paint the dings before I bought it. That guy swore up and down he would never paint a WDT again because it was so hard to blend.

So at a crossroads of what to do. My wife drives it daily and I really don't want to remove the bumper if I don't have to.

1. Take it to the same guy who fixed it before, but he will likely want to paint the entire bumper and last time he just taped stuff off rather than remove anything. If he even wants to tackle it....lol.

2. Take it to the classic car shop that I have scoped out and see what they say.

3. Try my hand at color matching those small spots and see how I go. I still have some WDT paint left over from when I color matched the rear bow tie and OnStar shark fin.

It is vertical, on the back of the truck, below most people's visual pattern and next to a piece of chrome that shines.

If it turns out like crap, then take it to the shop and have it painted. If it turns out acceptable, then roll with a small scratch on the chrome strip for now, a small repair to the bumper and not have to hit up my buddy for out-of-pocket money to fix it. Nobody else would likely ever notice.

4. Just leave it as is.

Input appreciated. Thx guys.

IMG_7180.jpg IMG_7181.jpg IMG_7185.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would try your DIY fix first and see what happens. :shrug: being your wife's DD that's not going to be the last blemish on that rear bumper. I'd be more inclined to way for a more major issue to have the thing repainted fully cuz you KNOW something more major will happen to that rear bumper at some point in the future.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THAT was my thinking and I’m feeling the CM may turn out okay.

Plus getting the truck away from her was hard enough just for an oil change.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts