Tire issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steven ross

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wife now has a 2012 Tahoe. She is a soccer mom who does a lot of local driving. I don't have her current tire photos, but here's a shot from her previous SUV (it was a Ford Explorer). Anyone know why she has that white circle that develops, always on her front right tire? She has the same thing now on her Tahoe. She says she has no idea on what is causing it.

thumbnail_image.jpg

MajorJakkov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've only seen similar tires in city settings, where drivers have to parallel park regularly. i think it's usually from rubbing on the curb. Any heavy scratches or scrapes on your rims?

OP
OP
S

steven ross

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Her rims always look ok, but this white circle, or yes "whitewall" is her trademark. She's had it develop on about 8 tires. She always has denied hitting curbs, and says I just like to pick on her driving. But I think you all are right on. I kid you not, I just saw her park our daughters car like this about 30 minutes ago. Don't you love the balancing act??

thumbnail_IMG_00000153.jpg

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Her rims always look ok, but this white circle, or yes "whitewall" is her trademark. She's had it develop on about 8 tires. She always has denied hitting curbs, and says I just like to pick on her driving. But I think you all are right on. I kid you not, I just saw her park our daughters car like this about 30 minutes ago. Don't you love the balancing act??

View attachment 84045

Those are some mad skills right there

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

View attachment 84045

Lol. Just buy 3 whitewalls and be done with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442