Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced CHMSL/3rd Brake Light.

Hit 76000 miles today.

Received build sheets for both the NBS and NNBS today.

About 13 months ago, I replaced my CHMSL with a Dorman LED light ordered from Amazon Prime.

Then I find out that the light is out again. After a few posts on the NBS thread and some trial and error, it turns out that the light itself appears to be the culprit, so I ordered another one to replace the dead one.

The 10amp fuse by the drivers side had blown and kept blowing when I plugged the light in. Even though it would not illuminate.

I had all the tail light functions with or without the CHMSL plugged in and I metered 12 volts at the plug.

I pulled the grommet and the wires out as far as I could, but was not able to find any indications of water intrusion, corrosion or chafing that might point to a grounding issue in that location.

The Dorman light comes with a replacement harness, but I wasn't entirely happy with the grommet fitment, so I left the OEM harness in place as there didn't appear to be anything wrong with it.

I installed the new CHMSL and am back in business again. Hopefully this light lasts longer than the previous one.

I took her for a spin to Home Depot today as it was sprinkler repair day and hit 76000 miles on the way.

I also received the build sheets for both the NBS and NNBS from GM Customer Service. (Just send a PM to them with your VIN and email.)

And some pics.

IMG_3243.JPG

IMG_3242.JPG

IMG_3303.JPG

IMG_3304.JPG

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Replaced CHMSL/3rd Brake Light.

Hit 76000 miles today.

Received build sheets for both the NBS and NNBS today.

About 13 months ago, I replaced my CHMSL with a Dorman LED light ordered from Amazon Prime.

Then I find out that the light is out again. After a few posts on the NBS thread and some trial and error, it turns out that the light itself appears to be the culprit, so I ordered another one to replace the dead one.

The 10amp fuse by the drivers side had blown and kept blowing when I plugged the light in. Even though it would not illuminate.

I had all the tail light functions with or without the CHMSL plugged in and I metered 12 volts at the plug.

I pulled the grommet and the wires out as far as I could, but was not able to find any indications of water intrusion, corrosion or chafing that might point to a grounding issue in that location.

The Dorman light comes with a replacement harness, but I wasn't entirely happy with the grommet fitment, so I left the OEM harness in place as there didn't appear to be anything wrong with it.

I installed the new CHMSL and am back in business again. Hopefully this light lasts longer than the previous one.

I took her for a spin to Home Depot today as it was sprinkler repair day and hit 76000 miles on the way.

I also received the build sheets for both the NBS and NNBS from GM Customer Service. (Just send a PM to them with your VIN and email.)

And some pics.

View attachment 79426

View attachment 79425

View attachment 79427

View attachment 79428
I see you were in "haul ass mode" to home depot lol

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score