Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta get blue leds in the instrument cluster now. They stick out like a sore thumb with the steering wheel done.

Yes I know they do. lol At least the steering wheel looks cool and the cluster is not giving me any grief...at the moment. Maybe some time I'll get that cluster matched up with blue LEDs.

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol thanks for getting back 2 me. Now u have me wondering about this nnbs upgrade! Guess I'll haft to do some research on that now [emoji36] . Not sure the cost difference to do that but it sounds promising......... btw I didn't get to go crazy with the 303 yet as I spent the truck time messing with the sub, but I did try it in a few small places and I think I'm going to love this stuff! I did the top of my fuse box just so I could get an idea of what it would do. WOW no residue and it looks great. Can't wait to do everything I can get it on now!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

@Fosscore @jerryjoe28 here is my input on the brake upgrade experience: I did the NNBS front brakes upgrade on my 2005 Silverado SS AWD using these parts:

PRs6PJu.jpg

And the matching components in the rear specific to my application as well as a Russell Performance braided stainless softlines kit and I noticed much improved pedal feel and braking performance. After putting 15k miles on the setup (varying intensity of braking situations throughout) I noticed no decline in performance and the pads put off very little dust and there was no squealing at all. Even after exposure to a harsh New England winter the rotor hub coatings and caliper powder coating held up remarkably well!

Definitely worth the money and at less than 1/3 the cost of a "big brake" upgrade, a win win IMHO

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx man this info. I just recently replaced my pads and rotors with a Power Stop setup, but was not aware of the NNBS upgrade at the time of the brake job. I would have been all over the NNBS change out, however chucking away the money spent on the current set up would be just a waste. It will have to wait for now. Either way I have new pads and rotors, which are a win no matter how you slice it. :)

@Onebadsss

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx man this info. I just recently replaced my pads and rotors with a Power Stop setup, but was not aware of the NNBS upgrade at the time of the brake job. I would have been all over the NNBS change out, however chucking away the money spent on the current set up would be just a waste. It will have to wait for now. Either way I have new pads and rotors, which are a win no matter how you slice it. :)

@Onebadsss
True dat homie! And I completely agree! Had I not been fortunate enough to come across the info about the NNBS brake upgrade before I ordered brake components for my SS I would be in the same boat, lol

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
True dat homie! And I completely agree! Had I not been fortunate enough to come across the info about the NNBS brake upgrade before I ordered brake components for my SS I would be in the same boat, lol
Whats the deal with the nnbs brake upgrade and the hydroboost?

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Whats the deal with the nnbs brake upgrade and the hydroboost?

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

What do you mean? The NNBS upgrade is simply bolting on the bigger calipers, pads, and rotors.

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah hydroboost is a separate issue altogether. All the GM NBS full size trucks (1500 series) and most of the SUVs come with vacuum assisted brakes while the 2500 series and the high end SUVs have hydroboost brakes. I had vacuum assisted on my SS and still noticed an improvement. My Escalade has factory installed hydroboost brakes so I'll be interested to see how much better the braking is when I do the NNBS upgrade this summer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC