Does new 2018 YUKON still have the vibration issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea different strokes I guess...

what are the chances of coming back on here or another forum/article and hearing about the same problems again?

Pretty low. I dont recall the last body style having pervasive vibration/booming issues at speed.

I know I wont be buying another GMC after this unless they figure this out. I'm lucky though, I can buy any brand. Lots of people only allow themselves to buy Chevy/GMC/Caddy. For those people, I think your advice is spot on.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most vehicles have issues. This isn’t something new. It’s just GM got busted for this issue. Mine has been problem free. Just like our last 2 Grand Cherokees (2014 & 2017) and that vehicle is supposedly unreliable and not recommended.

I’ve had a lemon Lexus (2014 GS). It’s a toss up with anything IMO.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most vehicles have issues. This isn’t something new. It’s just GM got busted for this issue. Mine has been problem free. Just like our last 2 Grand Cherokees (2014 & 2017) and that vehicle is supposedly unreliable and not recommended.

Hear, hear!

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Flukes are flukes. Lemons are lemons. They happen to all manufacturers.

Two major differences here:

1) This is a systemic provlem causing issues all across this platform including the pickups. It’s been in the automotive press and there are literally online/Facebook groups dedicated to the discussion and buyback process related to the problems.

2) GM is aware but at a complete loss regarding how to fix it.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hear, hear!
Lol :biggun:

I’ve had several of these previous gen suvs and every one of them had an unsolvable vibration. Even new tires and wheels didn’t fix it. My 2017 is the first one that doesn’t have an annoying vibration. Except at 93-95 MPH but I can’t eeally ***** about that. Thankfully now buffeting or booming. Each one of my last gen suvs had the buffeting and booming on dirt roads. Ironically our 2014 GC had the booming pretty bad at about 30 MPH on cracked pavement that had been patched.

Serg-214

Reaction score
Lol :biggun:

I’ve had several of these previous gen suvs and every one of them had an unsolvable vibration. Even new tires and wheels didn’t fix it.

I was on this exact forum about 11 years ago when the new 07+ SUVs came out and it was the same thing with vibrations, weird noises, etc. I go to the F-150 Forum....same thing. Come back here in 2-4 years with the redesign and what will you most likely see?! I know this is something different but go to the iPhone X forums and guess what youll see and read right away?

It didnt stop me from buying a new 07 Tahoe then and it didnt stop me from buying a new 15 Sierra 3 years ago and an 18 Denali XL just 2 weeks ago with no issues yet.

Its a true tossup with anything new.

Last edited:

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was on this exact forum about 11 years ago when the new 07+ SUVs came out and it was the same thing with vibrations, weird noises, etc. I go to the F-150 Forum....same thing. Come back here in 2-4 years with the redesign and what will you most likely see?! I know this is something different but go to the iPhone X forums and guess what youll see and read right away?

It didnt stop me from buying a new 07 Tahoe then and it didnt stop me from buying a new 15 Sierra 3 years ago and an 18 Denali XL just 2 weeks ago with no issues yet.

From many inside sources (GM engingeer and high level person within caddy division) this generation of trucks has had more "buy backs" then any other GM truck, period.

If that doesn't say something, I don't know what does. This issue is a different animal than a little annoyance as you all are stating.

I had two of the previous generation trucks (burb ant tahoe) and yes it had it's issues and was a rattle box. The buffeting issue with teh 15+ makes them unbearble to drive and are making "some" people sick. entirely different than a little vibration, fit & finish, rattle, issue.

and I am not a GM basher...I currently own a 15 and I'm even considering a 17/18 assuming I find one buffeting-free. I also plan to drive a new expedition as soon as it arrives at local dealer.

Last edited:

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
From many inside sources (GM engingeer and high level person within caddy division) this generation of trucks has had more "buy backs" then any other GM truck, period.

If that doesn't say something, I don't know what does. This issue is a different animal than a little annoyance as you all are stating.

I had two of the previous generation trucks (burb ant tahoe) and yes it had it's issues and was a rattle box. The buffeting issue with teh 15+ makes them unbearble to drive and are making "some" people sick. entirely different than a little vibration, fit & finish, rattle, issue.

and I am not a GM basher...I currently own a 15 and I'm even considering a 17/18 assuming I fine one buffeting-free. I also plan to drive a new expedition as soon as it arrives at local dealer.

You’re right. And it has to be a design issue, maybe something with the shape of the hull that just can’t be “fixed” without a total redesign of the sheet metal and cabin structure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just 2 weeks ago? Congrats, and I hope you don’t develop any issues at all in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz