Does new 2018 YUKON still have the vibration issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 15 Tahoe with 20" Michelin tires 20. K
I have a 15 suburban with 20" Michelin tires 39k
I have a 16 Tahoe with 20" michelin tires 19k

No issues on any of them. I keep up with alignments rotations balancing and tire pressures

Kendall69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a 2017 after a test ride, left the dealership and immediately after packing did 6K road trip and I could take my hands off the wheel and she would track straight with no vibration

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
of course you'll have a softer ride with 18 or 20" wheels but I've read over the past 2yrs of folks with 18s having the buffeting and vibration problems as well. 22s may make it more pronounced but I think the consensus is going smaller doesn't eliminate the real problem with those affected trucks.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2017 after a test ride, left the dealership and immediately after packing did 6K road trip and I could take my hands off the wheel and she would track straight with no vibration

at 80+? Thats great. So far I've been lucky with mine too. Had to get it re-balanced and RFB a few times but its pretty good at speed.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
of course you'll have a softer ride with 18 or 20" wheels but I've read over the past 2yrs of folks with 18s having the buffeting and vibration problems as well. 22s may make it more pronounced but I think the consensus is going smaller doesn't eliminate the real problem with those affected trucks.

This is my understanding as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mwbutcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles do those who don't have the issue have on their vehicles? And please say what wheel size and tire you have....seems the issue is primarily with 22" wheels and more pronounced with the factory Bridgestone tires.
Have both on my 17 SLT Premium Edition with 4200 miles 22" wheels with Bridgestone Alenza factory tires. Smooth as silk and I had a wheel replaced to boot that had a bubble in the chrome. Dealer installed wheel and my tire and still perfect. So not sure what to tell those with the issue????

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

tjfish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have been waiting for YUKON/Escalade for almost 3 years since 2015. But the infamous vibration issue kept me waiting. Does anybody know if the issue is fixed in 2018? I need to drive high way all days and I don't want the car vibrating when it is at high speed. If it is still not fixed, I may have to go Chrysler this year and I cannot wait any more...

Thanks,
We have a 2016 Yukon Denali, 22 inch rims with factory Bridgestone tires. It was a beautiful riding vehicle for the first 3k miles. The rough ride and vibrations started in and are still here today. Dealers say everything checks out fine. I tow a 6000 lb boat and I wonder if that had anything to do with the ongoing poor ride. Our previous two Yukon Denali's towed the same boat and rode just fine. The previous ones had automatic air levelers in the back and I could see them working. I wonder it that is the problem. The new one doesnt seem to have that feature.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a 2016 Yukon Denali, 22 inch rims with factory Bridgestone tires. It was a beautiful riding vehicle for the first 3k miles. The rough ride and vibrations started in and are still here today. Dealers say everything checks out fine. I tow a 6000 lb boat and I wonder if that had anything to do with the ongoing poor ride. Our previous two Yukon Denali's towed the same boat and rode just fine. The previous ones had automatic air levelers in the back and I could see them working. I wonder it that is the problem. The new one doesnt seem to have that feature.

It’s got to be the MRC.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone describe The vibration issue exactly? I test drove the 2017 suburban a few days back and at 70 mph steering wheel started to slightly vibrate, I mean it was barely there. I don’t know what it would’ve been like at 80 but maybe would’ve gotten worse. Is this the vibration issue that everyone talks about?

The buffeting and booming I have Unfortunately experienced myself many times, just not sure of the vibration.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone describe The vibration issue exactly? I test drove the 2017 suburban a few days back and at 70 mph steering wheel started to slightly vibrate, I mean it was barely there. I don’t know what it would’ve been like at 80 but maybe would’ve gotten worse. Is this the vibration issue that everyone talks about?

The buffeting and booming I have Unfortunately experienced myself many times, just not sure of the vibration.

I’ve felt it in the steering wheel above 75 or going around long sweeping curves (on/off ramps) at speed <75. Turning seems to make it worse from my experience. But yes, vibration in the steering wheel but as it gets worse it’s transmitted through the vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645