2018 Yukon XL Decreased Command Start Range

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dalien

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently, the range on my key fob has dramatically decreased. I replaced the battery which didn’t help. I tried my spare new fob which also didn’t help. I’m starting to wonder if it could be the module that receives the signal from the fob? Does anyone have any ideas what the issue might be or where that module would be located on my 2018 vehicle?
Thanks!!

Jroby42

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently, the range on my key fob has dramatically decreased. I replaced the battery which didn’t help. I tried my spare new fob which also didn’t help. I’m starting to wonder if it could be the module that receives the signal from the fob? Does anyone have any ideas what the issue might be or where that module would be located on my 2018 vehicle?
Thanks!!
This thread will answer most of your questions and hopefully resolve your issue!

OP
OP
D

Dalien

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does the receiver antenna/module need to be programmed by the dealer or is it a matter of just plugging it in?

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It just works when you plug it in.

I recommend buying some replacement clips ahead of time because I broke several.

OP
OP
D

Dalien

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm confused?? I went to the dealer to get a replacement Receiver / Antenna for my 2018 Yukon XL. The dealer sold me the 315 Mhz antenna part # 1358-6853. I went on Rock Auto and it lists the same part for my vehicle. Whats confusing is that the dealer showed me that the antenna is located on the passenger side rear pillar (3rd pillar). I was looking at Nickfire20's post which shows it under the roof liner with a short wire coming off the antenna and plugging onto the side window wires. My vehicle has the same wire coming out from the roof liner. The antenna that the dealer sold me does not look the same as the one in Nickfire20's post. Do I have the right part?? I haven't taken the panelling off yet so I guess it's possible that it is located on the pillar and the wire that is attached to the side window is long and plugs into the antenna I bought. The dealer and Rock Auto both say that the antenna needs to be programmed but other posts on this site say that they plugged it in and it worked. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
2018-yukon-xl-receiver-antenna-jpg.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts