Does new 2018 YUKON still have the vibration issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s not a vibration from the front tires. It’s from the roof or the rearend usually. The ones that I’ve driven that had it, never had a vibration in the steering wheel.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ask this constantly, are you turning off the AFM and still experiencing the vibration? The DOD cam gets worse with time. It's a GM thing.
Eliminating AFM is a first, replacing the DOD cam is the second best thing.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ask this constantly, are you turning off the AFM and still experiencing the vibration? The DOD cam gets worse with time. It's a GM thing.
Eliminating AFM is a first, replacing the DOD cam is the second best thing.

AFM and vibration at speed are two totally separate issues. AFM produces a momentary shudder. Vibration is a constant at speed.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting tidbit. Kobe Steel has falsified some of their certifications regarding about 4% of its steel and aluminum. This is from sept 2016 through August 2017. Gm and ford receives some steel and aluminum for its vehicles. Whose to say though, that this wasn’t a problem before?
I wonder if the problems in some of these vehicles is related to this.

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...rts-hit-by-metals-scandal?X-IgnoreUserAgent=1

Last edited:

911jason

Reaction score
I haven't been around for awhile, I remember the buffeting issue, but never heard about the vibrating. I think I have that one... I've got 17k on my 2016 Yukon XL with stock 20's. I thought maybe I needed an alignment, but is this something I can get the dealer to work on? Is there a TSB?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't been around for awhile, I remember the buffeting issue, but never heard about the vibrating. I think I have that one... I've got 17k on my 2016 Yukon XL with stock 20's. I thought maybe I needed an alignment, but is this something I can get the dealer to work on? Is there a TSB?
You are still within warranty, take it back anyway

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Good luck. Get it road forced balanced first and see if that helps. (and yes. Dealer should cover)

yahtzee

Reaction score
I hope not...I am considering the move to another one from a 2016.

tjfish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The vibration issue was fixed by Road Force Balance by the dealer. However the poor ride issue still exists. I can feel every ridge, bump, crevice on the road. This on roads I aways thought were smooth and are still smooth with my other vehicles. Going over the parking lot speed bumps is a jolt. It feels like the MRC shocks are not doing anything. But, the dealer swears there are not any computer error messages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog