Does new 2018 YUKON still have the vibration issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my Yukon XL new in 2015, and have never had a single issue. Without going into details, I've read quite a few posts (including the previous on this thread) relating it to tire/wheel size. I've got the factory wheels and tires on mine and nothing. I mostly drive city, but for the few "road trips" (500+ miles) and high speeds (the fastest I've ever had it up to was 95 mph) I've never had an issue. I think the best advice was already posted; "Test drive one".

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought my Yukon XL new in 2015, and have never had a single issue. Without going into details, I've read quite a few posts (including the previous on this thread) relating it to tire/wheel size. I've got the factory wheels and tires on mine and nothing. I mostly drive city, but for the few "road trips" (500+ miles) and high speeds (the fastest I've ever had it up to was 95 mph) I've never had an issue. I think the best advice was already posted; "Test drive one".

Out of curiosity, what wheel size do you have?

Serg-214

Reaction score
Just got for it and buy one! On forums theres a good chance youre gonna find and hear about the problems some people are having with theirs. I was on the F-150 forums last week and right away I found out that they were having “vibration” issues as well for the current gen.

I bought my 18 Denali XL 2 weeks ago without a test drive and 1200 miles into it I have had no problems with the 22s. I remember being on here 10 years ago and seeing all the problems the 07+ GM SUVs had with the new redesign....long story short I still bought a new 07 Tahoe in Feb. of 07 and never had one single issue in nearly 10 years of owning it.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got for it and buy one! On forums theres a good chance youre gonna find and hear about the problems some people are having with theirs. I was on the F-150 forums last week and right away I found out that they were having “vibration” issues as well for the current gen.

I bought my 18 Denali XL 2 weeks ago without a test drive and 1200 miles into it I have had no problems with the 22s. I remember being on here 10 years ago and seeing all the problems the 07+ GM SUVs had with the new redesign....long story short I still bought a new 07 Tahoe in Feb. of 07 and never had one single issue in nearly 10 years of owning it.

This is true, however, there have been published articles in magazines on this issue, news stories, and GM engineers have acknowledge the problem, etc, so it's not a low number occurance. It's frusturating to hear 3yrs later the same issue exists.

Joe E

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2017 Tahoe LT with the factory 18's and Michelins. Only 500+ miles so far and no issues. I do have the cross bars as well and added mud flaps

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been on the Ford Expedition forums before and there is no mention of vibration issues other than people who have old trucks and/or modified them. GM has vibration issues on new trucks that have never been modified. Plus GM has acknowledged that the problem exists, yet they can’t fix it or prevent it in 100% of their vehicles. My personal opinion is that is a design issue that won’t go away 100% until then next major redesign. Until then, it’s a roll of the dice. It definitely doesn’t affect everyone, but it affects enough people that it’s annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Serg-214

Reaction score
Literally the worst piece of advice I’ve read on this forum yet lol.
Because I said go for it and buy one?

I never said dont test drive it. Thats just something I did and do...and Ill do it again when I decide to get rid of my 18 Denali or 15 Sierra. Call me crazy or stupid but I personally dont need to test drive anything to know if I wanna buy it. I walk in with my own financing ready and choose what I want and Im out in 1-2 hrs or less.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because I said go for it and buy one?

I never said dont test drive it. Thats just something I did and do...and Ill do it again when I decide to get rid of my 18 Denali or 15 Sierra. Call me crazy or stupid but I personally dont need to test drive anything to know if I wanna buy it. I walk in with my own financing ready and choose what I want and Im out in 1-2 hrs or less.

I've never spent more than an hour in a dealership but I always test drive a vehicle before I sign on the line...Especially if that particular model has well known and unresolved issues that can be identified during a short test drive.

Different strokes I guess.

Serg-214

Reaction score
I've never spent more than an hour in a dealership but I always test drive a vehicle before I sign on the line...Especially if that particular model has well known and unresolved issues that can be identified during a short test drive.

Different strokes I guess.
Yea different strokes I guess...

One can wait for the redesign in 2-4 years and hope they fix the issue but what are the chances of coming back on here or another forum/article and hearing about the same problems again? Or seeing the “wait a year or two, so they wrinkle out the problems on the new design” comments. Again not trying to downplay the issue or say some of these SUVs dont have problems but theres always going to be something bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas