Do You Regret: Short-Body vs Long-Body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One reason that has not been mentioned during this thread is the bigger gas tank on the Suburban, 95 to 117 liters. I have owned in the past an 04 Suburban and it was a great truck, just rusted to death. It was easier to park in my garage than my 11 Ford XL Supercab. it could also run rings around it as well. When the time came for a new one, I looked at both the SWB and the LWB. The SWB in my humble opinion looked too bobtailed and the lwb definitely looked right. Although both my wife and myself both thought the Black models looked too much like a Hearse as was mentioned in the past. I too wanted a Sub and as was mentioned already it only matters what you want or need, variety is the spice of life. While reading the posts I did not as others have said hear of too many regrets of buying the wrong size vehicle, but I can say I have heard many a pickup owner really regret their purchase and have come across areas that their trucks do not fulfil. Interior room, cargo space and most important security of what they can put into the bed. My 17 burb is a joy to drive and park, again when you drive a f150 for work, anything is better than that.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you take the 3rd row seats out of the SWB on a 2017?
New to this forum and looking at buying a new Tahoe.
Don’t be so ******* the 150. My crew cab F150 and Silverados were great for what they were designed for and very comfortable to drive. I just discovered, when riding in a friend’s Tahoe to the shore, that a Suburban was the better option for my needs.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One reason that has not been mentioned during this thread is the bigger gas tank on the Suburban, 95 to 117 liters. I have owned in the past an 04 Suburban and it was a great truck, just rusted to death. It was easier to park in my garage than my 11 Ford XL Supercab. it could also run rings around it as well. When the time came for a new one, I looked at both the SWB and the LWB. The SWB in my humble opinion looked too bobtailed and the lwb definitely looked right. Although both my wife and myself both thought the Black models looked too much like a Hearse as was mentioned in the past. I too wanted a Sub and as was mentioned already it only matters what you want or need, variety is the spice of life. While reading the posts I did not as others have said hear of too many regrets of buying the wrong size vehicle, but I can say I have heard many a pickup owner really regret their purchase and have come across areas that their trucks do not fulfil. Interior room, cargo space and most important security of what they can put into the bed. My 17 burb is a joy to drive and park, again when you drive a f150 for work, anything is better than that.

Interesting about the gas tank sizes! The around town range isnt much different but highway range seems to be. I've never had an issue with the 26 gallon tank (though I never drive more than 150 miles or so) but the bigger the better I suppose.

DSTJ99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just would like to mention that the LWB makes it really nice if one has 4 or more kids.
Fo us it allows to get all of our family plus couple friends or "outlaws"
When we are fully loaded with people, there is always some sort of extra cargo:
- backpacks, handbags
-NASTY dirty Soccer Gear, that put mud and grass clippings everywhere
-bicycles
-groceries

Basically the suburban saved us from having to buy a full size van!

We have the Yukon XL and bench in the middle which we like. It’s been great having the capacity for 8 when hauling our 3 kids plus either their friends or grandparents around. And if that’s not enough space we can always use the hitch for a cargo rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Undeserving

Mitch and Murray sent me.
Reaction score
Long and strong for me. The half doors and half windows in the rear of the SWB are the deal breaker for me. Now if you could still get a 2 door SWB, I would be very interested. Since LWB and SWB are essentially the same price, I thought it foolish to pass on the additional cargo space and passsenger comfort.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the 15+’s the rear windows of the tahoes go all the way down. The cut into the door doesn’t seem to inhibit entry or exit. All the real room is behind the second row. That’s my finding anyway.
Yet I find myself in the same quandary. Stuck between a Tahoe and suburban.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s the difference in window width, an inch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had 3 Tahoe’s of the previous gen. I went with a 2017 Suburban and NO regrets.

Buuuut, when I was looking at/for a Suburban I got weird reactions from people when I told them I was looking at getting a burb. Maybe because I was a 24yr old male. Idk. Still, I get weird reactions when people ask what I drive or see it. Maybe I don’t look like I’d drive a suburban? People act like it’s a big deal because it’s big. What’s weird is I live in a truck town where bigger is better.

Otherwise, I’m completely happy about my choice. And so are my two little kids, two dogs, the Polaris RZR that I tow and my parents boat. It’s a do all vehicle and I can fit/tow nearly everything. That’s what was extremely important to me.

Not to mention the 2,200 mile road trip we took with the in laws earlier this summer. Would’ve not worked with the Tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e