Do You Regret: Short-Body vs Long-Body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously? Let's keep it respectable. There's lots of people that have lwb and swb vehicles on this thread. Plenty of pros and cons for both vehicles.

Plenty of soccer moms out there that drive SWB vehicles too.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

This thread is about OPINIONS regarding LWB vs. SWB and looks are a part of that discussion. I personally think the look of the LWB is mom/uber-esque.

If my opinion regarding the looks of the LWB offend people I apologize, it was not my intent.

As others have said the utility of the LWB is superior to the SWB. Towing, storage, comfort et al. And most importantly, people should purchase whats right for them.

Last edited:

007matman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread is about OPINIONS regarding LWB vs. SWB and looks are a part of that discussion. I personally think the look of the LWB is mom/uber-esque.

If my opinion regarding the looks of the LWB offend people I apologize, it was not my intent.

As others have said the utility of the LWB is superior to the SWB. Towing, storage, comfort et al. And most importantly, people should purchase whats right for them.
Then if it's about opinions you certainly won't be offended if I say that the SWB version reminds me of the short bus.

Yeah, I just went there.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then if it's about opinions you certainly won't be offended if I say that the SWB version reminds me of the short bus.

Yeah, I just went there.

Nope, absolutely not. It takes a lot more than words on a screen said by somebody I don't know, far away, to fire me up.

Plus... :)

b478f3a233e0ad44f3256a843226bd21.jpg

Last edited:

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My last three vehicles have been burbs. I'll be going back to a Tahoe. I think the Tahoe is a better looking vehicle.
From the front of the vehicle to the rear Est edge of the rear doors, the burb is only 2" longer. All the room is in the area behind the third row. I figure if I really need a burb, I'll rent one or the other people will have to drive themselves. It's the wifey, dog and myself. The occasional passenger has not required I carry too much extra luggage. Resale on the Tahoe is also better than the burb. It's more desirable.

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of these back and forth are funny to me, especially since I come from Europe where a ford escape would be considered pretty big.
Maybe we should all be happy to be in a free country where we can drive anything we like as well as having such a choice of products as a consumer.
Now, is there something else bigger than a suburban that I can get? without being a Van?
Excursion CBT 6 door 2017?

ranger8996

Reaction score
I just purchased my first GM product last month and it's a 2017 Tahoe Premier....I like both the LWB and the SWB. I had a hell of a time deciding what to buy last month. We have two small children and this Tahoe was replacing my 2011 Ford F-150 Platinum that was totaled last month when I got rear ended. The Suburban fit in my garage , it was tight but doable...my Ford was a tight fit as well...I was really leaning toward the Suburban for the cargo space but my wife felt like she was in a cave she she went on a test drive with me....so I went with the Tahoe...no regrets and it has really grown on me

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just would like to mention that the LWB makes it really nice if one has 4 or more kids.
Fo us it allows to get all of our family plus couple friends or "outlaws"
When we are fully loaded with people, there is always some sort of extra cargo:
- backpacks, handbags
-NASTY dirty Soccer Gear, that put mud and grass clippings everywhere
-bicycles
-groceries

Basically the suburban saved us from having to buy a full size van!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9