Do You Regret: Short-Body vs Long-Body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went out to Tim Horton's to grab a coffee and on my way home I saw a big black brand Suburban Premier (maybe LTZ) pulling out of a side street. So nice! Stop tempting me!!!
They are all nice!!!

Good year end pricing too!!!

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
My parents brought me home from the hospital in their second squarebody suburban. Then a while later my dad bought a 97 that we drove until the gas pump went out. My mom had an expedition at the time, and he got a little Ford Explorer sport track. My mom ended up getting some frame damage on the expedition and got a TrailBlazer, right before my grandpa gave me his old ranger to drive. I'm 6'2", 250 so a ranger wasn't really the best fit for me. We ended up finding a 2 door 96 which I loved, and ended up hydroplaning and crashing that. So then we searched for a new truck, and found my 2002 Tahoe. My parents were so impressed that they ended up getting a Tahoe and a Yukon themselves. I loved the size of the suburbans, but for a college student parking in a garage it was a bit much. I put a jump seat in the front and have carried 9 people in the Tahoe, but then I didn't have room for all their stuff inside the truck, we hauled everything in a trailer. So the Suburban was much better for interior space, I prefer the full rear doors for passenger legroom, and the extra cargo space is great. But! In the meantime the Tahoe works perfect. Maybe when I start a family, then I'll look into getting a white NBS with barn doors, as an homage to my dad's old Burb.

smccollamjr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We (I) went with the Suburban over the Tahoe for Scout camping primarily. Depending on needs I can haul eight people and most of their gear or 5 people, all their gear, and the Prius guy's gear. Also, if I have the 3rd row removed (2012) and the second row folded up there's room for my cot in the back.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I love my Suburban and love the 22 inch black rims that came with it since it's the midnight edition

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you're using it for.

We use the 3rd row all the time for dinners out with friends, outings, day trips etc and never lack space to throw a small cooler, change of shoes or whatever in the 'way way back'.

If you're taking 8 people to and from the airport or hockey/cello/1/3 scale model airplane practice then 100% agree.

The trade off if having to look like an Uber/soccer mom. But the space is great.
No offense but a SB is no more less 'Soccer Mom' than a LB. They are giant SUV's, they are far from sporty. There is a reason we are buying full sized SUV's- interior size, towing, gear.
If I wanted something less 'Soccer Mom' in appearance I'd opt for a Range Rover or Cayenne.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No offense but a SB is no more less 'Soccer Mom' than a LB. They are giant SUV's, they are far from sporty. There is a reason we are buying full sized SUV's- interior size, towing, gear.
If I wanted something less 'Soccer Mom' in appearance I'd opt for a Range Rover or Cayenne.

We can agree to disagree. LWB are soccer moms and Uber's in my area.

I don't know a single mom that owns a SWB.

Could just be regional differences though.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day, I don't know why the hell it matters one bit what another person on the road drives. Who cares if "soccer moms" drive a LWB, SWB, or any other kind of vehicle? I buy my vehicles based on my own needs and wants, not based on what other people do or don't drive.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
At the end of the day, I don't know why the hell it matters one bit what another person on the road drives. Who cares if "soccer moms" drive a LWB, SWB, or any other kind of vehicle? I buy my vehicles based on my own needs and wants, not based on what other people do or don't drive.
I couldn’t of said it better! I buy want I want because I like it and it fits my needs. I,don’t care if others like it or not and do the mods I like. On some things I like to get others opinions on things I’m on the fence about but at the end will do what I like best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t of said it better! I buy want I want because I like it and it fits my needs. I,don’t care if others like it or not and do the mods I like. On some things I like to get others opinions on things I’m on the fence about but at the end will do what I like best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's why we have options and different trim levels and variants. Otherwise it would be like the Model T, which you could get in any color as long as it was black.

Last edited:

007matman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We can agree to disagree. LWB are soccer moms and Uber's in my area.

I don't know a single mom that owns a SWB.

Could just be regional differences though.
Seriously? Let's keep it respectable. There's lots of people that have lwb and swb vehicles on this thread. Plenty of pros and cons for both vehicles.

Plenty of soccer moms out there that drive SWB vehicles too.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu