Do You Regret: Short-Body vs Long-Body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I informed you that that is not the case where I live.

Buying a car to make you feel more secure in your manhood is what matters. Regardless of how many soccer moms drive them.

We’re in agreement.

Last edited:

2015Denali4WD

Reaction score
Its interesting, where i live in the Washington DC area anecdotally Suburbans are driven mostly by mom's. However, Yukon XLs and especially the Denali trim is almost always driven by a man.

In my opinion they are both masculine looking vehicles, however, mom's (or their husbands who secretly want their wife to have a Suburban so they themselves can drive one on the weekends) tend to just go for the utility of the vehicle and get the Suburban LT. Where as men who buy the trucks for themselves as their OWN daily driver want all the bells and whistles and therefore go for the Yukon XL Denali. Its just my observation of my location.

I live in the DC area aswell I see more men driving the Denali's and Escalade while the women do drive the Tahoes and Suburban XL's.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in the DC area aswell I see more men driving the Denali's and Escalade while the women do drive the Tahoes and Suburban XL's.

I’ve lived in the dc area for a while and met more women who climbed denali than men.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in NOVA and did not take a survey. But, I did buy Suburban as a utility vehicle. The LS is plenty functional and comfortable.

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have the Yukon XL and bench in the middle which we like. It’s been great having the capacity for 8 when hauling our 3 kids plus either their friends or grandparents around. And if that’s not enough space we can always use the hitch for a cargo rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We took the Suburban up Norther Arizona last month and couldn't believe how much stuff we could carry with the addition of the XXL Thule Force Cargo Roof Box!

526663680.jpg

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We took the Suburban up Norther Arizona last month and couldn't believe how much stuff we could carry with the addition of the XXL Thule Force Cargo Roof Box!

View attachment 184083

How many people were you taking? And did you have second row captain seats?

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many people were you taking? And did you have second row captain seats?

we were 7: 2 adults in front, 2 teenagers and baby in middle row BENCH, and 2 young kids in booster in third row seating.
That left on 1 seat empty, middle seat in 3rd row, which was used for the toys and drawing books for the little ones.
"Trunk" area had food, clothing, and the baby push bike, cargo box had a huge 16 persons tents, a baby pack and play, bunch of pillows, 2 ikea rolled up mattress, 2 cots with their pads, and sleeping bags.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
we were 7: 2 adults in front, 2 teenagers and baby in middle row BENCH, and 2 young kids in booster in third row seating.
That left on 1 seat empty, middle seat in 3rd row, which was used for the toys and drawing books for the little ones.
"Trunk" area had food, clothing, and the baby push bike, cargo box had a huge 16 persons tents, a baby pack and play, bunch of pillows, 2 ikea rolled up mattress, 2 cots with their pads, and sleeping bags.

Wow, that's awesome! You put your Suburban to great use. Do you think you could have done the same trip with captains seats in the second row and just have three across in the somewhat smaller third row?

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's awesome!
I figure too, if I am driving a full sized SUV I'm getting the biggest and hauls most version available.
Or we're going in a Vette.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos