Long-Time Gearhead, Short-Time TahoeYukon Lurker. On The Hunt.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scrappycrow

Reaction score
Y'all,

Due to some upcoming needs and the desire to have a daily driver with an automatic again, I'm on the hunt for an older Tahoe, most likely a GMT900. I generally prefer less-content-laden vehicles and only need 2WD, so I had mostly been looking at PPVs. However, since I will be doing some light/medium-duty towing, the difference between PPVs and decent LS/LT/LTZs with towing packages being only ~$2K-$3K has now shifted my search towards the latter. I'm not opposed to a Suburban, but the extra volume would only benefit me once in a while, and if it needed long-term work it wouldn't fit in my garage.

I'm going to be looking at a one-owner '13 LTZ soon, which appears 9/10 (except the driver's seat), but is suspiciously ~$3K less than average. I am not wanting an immediate project, but if it's an AFM victim, the difference might be worth it to me. I've never worked on an LS-family engine before, but doing all the required work is well within my wheelhouse.

I'll most likely just continue to lurk and absorb the extensive knowledge here before I make any queries. :)

FWIW, my current stable is a '57 Chevy Bel Air, a '79 AMC Spirit, and an '88 BMW 535i. All of 'em are manuals and my left knee isn't terribly happy about that. :confused:

Regards,
Scrappy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019